best deal you ever got?
Feb 15, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #16 of 35
ULTRASONE Proline 750 for 250$. They are worth the double
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #17 of 35
I posted this find a long time ago.

Quote:

I was out running errands and stopped by the local pawn shop. In it I found a pair of Grado SR125 headphones shrinkwrapped with a Sony PCDP and connected by a Radio Shack adaptor. The AC adaptor was included too. I asked the sales guy how much he was asking for the kit. He said $20, I said I'll take it. I got home with the gear and found that the PCDP is a D-101, I found the proprietary battery in the PCDP too. I am so amazed by this deal. I basically got the SR125s for free.

The PCDP didn't work with batteries at all, so I took it back for an exchange. I left the Grados at home. The guy checked the PCDP out and offered me an exchange, I didn't see anything I liked, so he refunded me the purchase price. My SR125s are mine now for a net cost of $0. I am so stoked.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...ght=sr125+pcdp

Feb 15, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #19 of 35
Where's nikongod?

Feb 15, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #20 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where's nikongod?

Grado HP-1000 for $150 (or something). But what about the pair that sold for $45 on eBay late last year?

Feb 15, 2007 at 9:20 PM Post #21 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But what about the pair that sold for $45 on eBay late last year?

IIRC, someone on here told the seller how much it was really worth and the seller re-listed it. There was a lot of drama surrounding the guy who informed the seller.

Feb 15, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #22 of 35
i just snagged a pair of brand new e500s for $300 shipped/paypaled from another head-fier a couple days ago
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #24 of 35
i saw two e4's that went on ebay for $100 within the past two weeks with all of the original accessories and still under warranty. i couldnt wait anymore to get lucky even though shure is releasing their new line soon, though

Feb 15, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #25 of 35
Hmm, I once got a $400 amp for $120 because the seller dropped it while packaging it, causing some minor cosmetic damage, and decided to offer me a substantial discount.

I once got a $1200 for $600, not really sure why, but I guess the guy really needed money quickly.

I haven't had such great luck with headphones, but I can think of someone who has, scoring two of head-fi's great cash cows at sick prices, a year or so before they were both discontinued (R10 for $1500, K1000 for <$400, I do believe).

Feb 16, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #26 of 35
Hummhh, I went to a headphone meet the other day and got an GoVibe amp for free from someone who was most generous and got a new one.
Then I went to the Fnac in Brussel to get my Proline 750 because they sold them for 185 euros instead of the 300 I pay over here!! That was a good one if you ask me

Feb 16, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #28 of 35
Yesterday I got in the mail a pair of very rare vintage headphones --which I will not name here until I find a second pair for a friend, sorry!-- for which I paid 1 euro (plus three bucks shipping because I was too lazy to go three subway stops away, sad to say) that, upon testing on different sources, I can honestly say are at least as good as my stock K340 or my A250. ONE EURO. You can imagine how I feel. I'm sorry to torture you all by mentioning it, but when I saw this thread, how could I resist?

Feb 16, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #29 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by vjcritic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

Is this the deal you are talking about? Can somebody tell me what version this is and how good of a deal this is.

Thanks

Those are the old ones. These are the new ones. B and H still has a very good price on them, but last fall they were listed for ~$175 for some reason. It was one of the great head-fi feeding frenzies.

Feb 16, 2007 at 9:01 AM Post #30 of 35
Ooops...forgot the 3 DT880 drivers I got for 30€ish in 2005...so my "selfcarved" DT880s were really cheap finally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega
Yesterday I got in the mail a pair of very rare vintage headphones --which I will not name here until I find a second pair for a friend, sorry!-- for which I paid 1 euro (plus three bucks shipping because I was too lazy to go three subway stops away, sad to say) that, upon testing on different sources, I can honestly say are at least as good as my stock K340 or my A250. ONE EURO. You can imagine how I feel. I'm sorry to torture you all by mentioning it, but when I saw this thread, how could I resist?

You'd better form a club called Berlin Mystics. I bet moohkooh will join in right away.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back