Best dac/amp for PS4
Mar 10, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #33 of 35
So I finally received my modi 2 uber and magni 2 uber. I get everything setup and plug it all in and set it up in the PS4 menu exactly how you said to and all I hear is this really fast clicking sound when I put my headphones on. No audio comes out, all I hear is this fast annoying clicking sound like something's broken. Any ideas?

May 13, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #34 of 35
The problem with using USB dacs on PS4 is their is a known bug where left and right stereo can be reversed. I suffer from it myself and it is super annoying. Can anyone suggest a USB power dac/amp with an optical in? I'm using my Audioengine D1 right now but the thing is on its last legs and its output impedance is too high for my X2s.

Jul 12, 2018 at 5:53 PM Post #35 of 35
If anyone else has this problem in the future, I had the same thing happen when I first tried using a Schiit DAC with PS4 via optical. Schiit DAC’s only support PCM & not Bitstream, so in the “PS4 Audio Output Settings” for output formats supported you need to make sure all the boxes are checked for “Linear PCM 2 ch.”, mine were not and once I checked them everything worked great. All the other formats listed will not work with Schiit or most other 2 channel DAC’s used by Audiophiles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back