BEST crossfeed plugin for foobar 0.8.3??
Apr 18, 2007 at 4:17 PM Post #46 of 68
i've tried it w/ my 595s as well, but in the end i switched back to bsb... on some recordings this "livened" things a bit too much for my taste... take lene marlin - maybe i'll go for example, with this channel mixer>dolbyhp she sounded SO nasal that she must have a nose the size of a melon to get that kindda resonance. With bsb however it sounded more "natural"... but i agree, on some recordings that sounds too flat this DOES help get the toes tappin. Overall, in order of "liveliness" i'd say:
1) channel mixer => dolbyhp
2) stereo to 4 channel => dolbyhp
3) bsb

Apr 20, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #47 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by cjs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That link to the 3rd party components site has a version which does not show the dynamic compression option (?).

The only version I have found with the DC option is this:
http://storeandserve.com/download/62...1_1_1.zip.html

It is a specific "test version" from page 4 of the hydrogenaudio thread.

Unable to download.
Who's got the test version as well?
Can you upload it?

Thank you three times for your help. Thank you and thank you again
etysmile.gif

Apr 20, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #49 of 68
[size=x-small]Edit: [/size][size=x-small]Ali was quicker above
smily_headphones1.gif
Use his link as there no need to mess with .rar files.[/size]

[size=x-small]

Chungalin, the test version's author, was last active at hydrogenaudio on Feb 22. Sending him a private message on HA would likely be too slow and, [/size]
[size=x-small] as I have no other contact information, [/size][size=x-small]I am taking the liberty of attaching the test version to this post. Please note again that the file comes from the hydrogenaudio thread.

Downloading instructions:

Because there is a 25KB limit per attachment I had to compress the file into two connected files using winrar. Because attaching files with the .rar extension is dissalowed, I added ".zip" at the end of each file name. So, after downloading, you need to remove the .zip extension from both files and decompress the "part1" file with winrar.

[/size]

Apr 24, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #52 of 68
+2 for dolby headphone dll. It's great for "casual" listening (as opposed to using your phones as a disection knife
smily_headphones1.gif
), very enjoyable soundstage and very non-fatuiging (moreso then crossfeed filters). It puts creative's headphone technologies to a crying shame.
Its surprisingly neutral for a 3D headphone plugin and the first one I heard that can actually be used for music.
The Channel mixer helps it even further, ofcourse it changes the sound character slightly so its not for always-on, but it has a very high fun factor! Surprisingly realistic and natural soundstage, very relaxing.

May 5, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #54 of 68
Just put on the channel mixer/dolby settings, and my Beatles recordings take on a whole new level. Thanks for the hints.
280smile.gif

Sep 2, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #55 of 68
Hey guys, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience of leaving the 1.1.1 version in that "limbo". I've just been aware of this problem through HA forum. You should have sent me a PM through that forum and it would have been much faster. Now it's uploaded at the 3rd party foobar2000 components website. The only change is that Dynamic Compression option is disabled by default.

Although I'm no longer using it in a regular basis to listen to music, I plan to keep it updated for all those who enjoy its sound.

Oct 21, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #56 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chungalin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience of leaving the 1.1.1 version in that "limbo". I've just been aware of this problem through HA forum. You should have sent me a PM through that forum and it would have been much faster. Now it's uploaded at the 3rd party foobar2000 components website. The only change is that Dynamic Compression option is disabled by default.

Although I'm no longer using it in a regular basis to listen to music, I plan to keep it updated for all those who enjoy its sound.

foobar2000 3rd party components

Oct 22, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #57 of 68
I find crossfeed is only needed mostly on older recordings from the 60's. Rarely do I need it for newer recordings. Otherwise I prefer not to use one because they all negate sound quality to a degree. Old Beatles recordings need crossfeed badly.

Oct 22, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #58 of 68
Hey, can someone AV scan the bs2b_winamp-2.1.0-bin.zip file for me I downloaded from the above sourceforge link. Avast is reporting it contains a trojan. I expect it is a false positive but want to make sure before I use it.

Jul 26, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #59 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azultra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
crossfeed doesn't only reduce fatigue. There's an audiofool myth that says that only old recordings benefit from it, while in fact almost every music recording you'll hear in your whole life is stereophonic thus not made for headphones. Perception of the same sound is different whether your hear it from "free" and distant speakers or from headphones ( see the bs2b main page ). In fact noone should use headphones without crossfeed.

QFT
smily_headphones1.gif

if you guys wanna have fun, try Vnophones through the VST wrapper of foobar or winamp...much more subtle than any of these amateurish foobar plugins
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back