Best Comedy on TV?
Aug 20, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #17 of 54
How I Met Your Mother, Neil Patrick Harris and Jason Segel are just hillarious. The main plot about the mother and the main character are not great but everything else is. Slap bet, bro code etc... are iconic moments.

Aug 21, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #18 of 54
For myself, a political news junkie, got to go with John Stewart's Daily Show for consistant major chuckles and maybe Glen Beck, the guy is a RIOT ;')

Aug 21, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #19 of 54
Thursday nights of new episodes of The Office and 30 Rock back to back makes Thursday one of my favorite days

Aug 21, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #20 of 54
Big Bang Theory is pretty good, although a bit too scripted in my opinion...

30 Rock is legendary, but neil patrick harris is always on top ...

Aug 21, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #22 of 54
Corner Gas except they just filmed their last season. Second would be Family Guy for me. That MacFarlane guy gets away with so much politically incorrect hilarity he's the funniest writer on TV currently.

Aug 21, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #23 of 54
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

And I am happy to say that I am going to see "The Nightman Cometh" live! Yes, they actually took the play on the road, with the original cast from the show. I got lucky and was able to score a pair of tickets - they sold out within 30 seconds of going on sale. Can't freakin' wait to see this abomination live...

You gotta pay the troll toll to get into this boys soul!

I digress.

The Office and 30 Rock are tied for second place.

Always Sunny, The Office and 30 Rock are decent replacements for my favorite of all time - Arrested Development.

Aug 21, 2009 at 11:07 AM Post #28 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielCox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Futurama is the best cartoon.

And where are the British entries? American TV isn't funny unless they're stealing it from us.

Except for Married With Children, Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, etc etc. I could go on. I hate people that automatically think British comedy is superior, there are some absolutely atrocious shows from England (Are you being served? On the Buses, that Super Baby show, Only Fools and Horses, Birds of a Feather, Bread, 90% of Monty Python, etc etc I could name more)

Aug 21, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #29 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by lmilhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

And I am happy to say that I am going to see "The Nightman Cometh" live! Yes, they actually took the play on the road, with the original cast from the show. I got lucky and was able to score a pair of tickets - they sold out within 30 seconds of going on sale. Can't freakin' wait to see this abomination live...

You gotta pay the troll toll to get into this boys soul!

I digress.

The Office and 30 Rock are tied for second place.

Always Sunny, The Office and 30 Rock are decent replacements for my favorite of all time - Arrested Development.

Agreed. RIP Arrested Developement. Although even if it wasn't cancelled, I think they wanted to stop anyway given that they thought it had run its course and didn't want to have another show thats great through season 3 or 4 and then slowly withers away. I heard they're making a movie. I would prefer a musical, a la Tobias singing a broadway musical. Maybe West Side Story or something, where Maebe and george michael are the forbidden love. If one of the gangs was the sharks, you could have henry winkler jump them again.

Aug 21, 2009 at 1:33 PM Post #30 of 54
Honestly I watch more comedy/sitcom reruns than new stuff. One new show I find surprisingly humorous is "Being Human".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back