Best closed headphones to recommend to replace the Beats Solo HDs.
Nov 29, 2012 at 10:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

TheJesusGuy

100+ Head-Fier
My friend has a pair of Beats Solo HDs and the ****ty plastic headband is cracking. He is going to replace them with another pair, but I want to tell him what other phones he should get instead of those pieces of overpriced plastic. Ideas?

Nov 29, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #2 of 18
Any headphone would suffice I might say.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Seriously though, we would need his music genre, budget, design preference.

Nov 29, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #3 of 18
The budget would be anything the same or less than the Beats Solo HDs and music genre is mostly drum and bass pendulum type stuff. In terms of design, anything closed will do.

Nov 29, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #4 of 18
As nonamodnar mentioned it would help if we knew his music and budget.

But from the top of my head I can recommend The Denon AH-D5000 or the Ultrasones Pro 900 as closed headphones--generally for bass and isolation. Which is what I assume your friend is going for, considering the Beats.

Dec 2, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:
I was thinking perhaps down the lines of the V-Moda M80

DO it! This is what I came to this thread to say haha

If you have the money and don't need noise isolation or portability the D5000's are amazing, hands down my favorite right now, but I'm guessing you need at least one of those, do id say M80, M100 or UE6000's. The M80's in black are $150 on amazon right now FROM AMAZON not 3rd party.

Then just give the solos to some little kid who will probably break them haha.

Dec 2, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #7 of 18
Quote:
As nonamodnar mentioned it would help if we knew his music and budget.
But from the top of my head I can recommend The Denon AH-D5000 or the Ultrasones Pro 900 as closed headphones--generally for bass and isolation. Which is what I assume your friend is going for, considering the Beats.

This. Miles better than what he's currently using.

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #8 of 18
He said he's going to replace them with the Monster Beats because "Beats are the don"... Arrogant people damnit.

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:
He said he's going to replace them with the Monster Beats because "Beats are the don"... Arrogant people damnit.

Maybe you should Beat some sense into him
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back