Best closed headphones for playing poker
Dec 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

villani77

New Head-Fier
I play poker a lot and am looking for a pair of closed headphones under $200. I listen to mostly rock with the occasional rap. I want to be able to listen to them at a decent volume without the people next to me hearing them. I am new to high headphones. I have seen people talking about the m-50's being very good. I would also prefer a pair that isn't ugly and has a detachable cord. Also I most likely wont be using a amp at the table. Thanks

Dec 6, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #2 of 4
I would NOT recommend the ATH-M50s unless you plan on buying the older models second hand. The new model of ATH-M50 ships in a white box and does not have near the sound quality of the older line. They lack midbass punch and almost all bottom end. Bestbuy has some AKG K550s on sale for $230. I know that is over budget. I will let more experienced head-fi posters give recommendations in that price range.

If you have a $200 budget you might consider some IEMs. Nobody around you will hear anything you are listening to, sound isolation should be good as well. Good luck on your search!

Dec 6, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #3 of 4
If they are considerably better than anything under $200 then i could do that. Would they preform well with out an amp? And is the cable permanent? Any input on SYNCS by 50 cent? Or are they just hyped because of the name?

Dec 6, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #4 of 4
IEM's would be great if your ears can tolerate them. Mine could not. I like the Maddogs by mr.speakers. Detachable cord too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back