Best closed back over ear headphones under £300......
Jan 6, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #31 of 47
Hey op, how are you finding the denons. I really am tempted to pick them up now that the dt770 refund has been processed.

I really want a fun headphone, with alot of punchy mid bass but also a large soundstage/ musical/instrumental separation while being comfy. Can be open or closed now, if it has all of that.

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #32 of 47
Hey op, how are you finding the denons. I really am tempted to pick them up now that the dt770 refund has been processed.

I really want a fun headphone, with alot of punchy mid bass but also a large soundstage/ musical/instrumental separation while being comfy. Can be open or closed now, if it has all of that.

They should arrive today so I will post back in a day or so once I've burned them in a little.

Jan 7, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #33 of 47

If you're ok with open cans you should also consider the Fidelio X1.

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #34 of 47
  If you're ok with open cans you should also consider the Fidelio X1.

I was about to pull the trigger on those last week, they were £150 on amazon and now they are up to £182. Which I kinda grudge knowing I could have got them £32 cheaper last week, I know I am rather "tight fisted" I guess.

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #35 of 47
The price will come back down if you are prepared to wait, I got mine for £150 in early december, after that they went up to £230 and then the price fluctuated a bit before coming down again.

Jan 8, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #37 of 47

Ok so I've only used them for around 2-3hrs but they tick nearly all the boxes for me, they sound great with dance music and are very comfortable (I won't comment further on how they sound as I'm no audiophile and others have done so in other threads).

The only issue for me is that they look fairly big, they don't feel it and I wouldn't describe them as heavy but I've just ordered a pair of UE6000's to compare though I think for me it's going to end up being sound quality vs size and portability.

I only have a pair of IE8's and HD280 Pro's to compare these against which are two different headphones in there own right.

Incidentally if anyone is interested in the HD280's let me know, I've probably only used them around 10-20hrs (I was using them for DJing which I haven't had time to do for months), these were a present bought for me last year and they're as good as new plus I still have the original packaging.

skyforger if I decide to sell the D600's for what I paid (£160) you've got first refusal if you want them ?​

Ah and if you want to suggest a track that has good mid bass I'll try it and let you know what I think.

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #38 of 47
If you do decide to sell I'd definately be interested if skyforger passes.

Would be looking a little less though as ebay one went for £168.95 and then they would have shed 13.4% in fees (about £22.40).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221347522416?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

But I hope you keep them as Mrs R is not going to be pleased.

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #39 of 47
  If you do decide to sell I'd definately be interested if skyforger passes.

Would be looking a little less though as ebay one went for £168.95 and then they would have shed 13.4% in fees (about £22.40).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221347522416?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

But I hope you keep them as Mrs R is not going to be pleased.

Ok though if I sell them it will be at £160 as that is £40 less than the current cheapest price and they won't exactly have been highly used ! :)

Thanks.

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #40 of 47
Once you'v heard the Sparkly lively sound it's hard to go for other phones. The UE6000 for 70 bones is fantastic though!

Jan 10, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #42 of 47

Ok so I'm going to have to stick with the UE's, I've had them on for a few hours today and whilst they're not as comfortable or as well built as the Denon's I couldn't wear the Denons to the gym they're just too big, plus the portability of the UE's is a big factor for me and there's no way I can justify keeping both as I know the D600's won't get used.

skyforger let me know if you want them @ £160, I live in SE London so if you or anyone else wants them I can meet.

The same goes for the HD280 Pro's, I might as well sell them also !

I'll put these up on the classifieds if I don't hear back shortly.

Thanks.

Jan 10, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #43 of 47
Which one did you prefer for Sound Quality?

Jan 10, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #44 of 47
Which one did you prefer for Sound Quality?

Non-amped using my Samsung SG4 the D600's sound great but with the noise cancelling turned on the UE's also sound good, the only problem is having to worry about batteries.

The D600's sound really good amped via my Denon AV receiver and Fiio E5 I dug out of my cupboard, I would keep them if they were just a little bit smaller but then I guess they wouldn't be so comfortable (you really don't know you're wearing them after a while) !

I also went and demo'd a pair of momentums before the D600's arrived, in my opinion these and the UE's sound better than them.

I can see now why a lot of people on here own a few pairs, if I listened to my music in doors at home on headphones I would definitely keep the 600's.

Jan 10, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #45 of 47
I had the same impression with the Momentums, I find they are really overrated on this board, the congested sound just wasn't to my taste.

I find the UE6000 fantastic I reckon they are probably the best bang for buck at their current £75 price tag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back