Best closed back over ear headphones under £300......
Jan 5, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #16 of 47
  Cheaper than the US, now that is rare !

I've ordered the D600's from Home AV as they were £40 cheaper than Amazon, the only thing is that if I return them they will charge 15% handling so I'm reluctant to order anything else before these arrive though it would've been nice to do a comparison I'm too tight to pay the return cost unless I really have to :)

As long as they feel comfortable I'm sure I will be happy with them.

Noooo, why did you show me that so tempted now. I got the dt770 80ohms and a fiio e10 for christmas, but sending back as they came with a bit falling off them. Was just going to get another pair, but I am so tempted to jump on that deal right now before it ends. Hmmmm £130 dt770's vs £160 denons.

Jan 5, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #17 of 47
http://homeavdirect.co.uk/denon-ah-d7100-over-ear-headphones

£349 but you've got to be quick as deal is meant to end tonight - £399 at peter tyson and were £600 a year ago and RRP of £999

Slagged off on here but for £349 I reckon it's going to be a steal as long as you're using iphone and/or low impedence headphone amp.
it seems they are still charging the original price from last year on there. At their old price they are pretty dear, £200-250 is a good price at £160 is an absolute steal.

Jan 5, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #19 of 47
Are you drunk ?

Just joking but I think you've the posts/models mixed up
No, my quote was for you and also a bit of a reply to the OP lol

Jan 5, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #20 of 47
to me, your post kind of implies the d7100 was ok at £200 to £250 and a steal at £160

Guess you mean the D600 but quoting my post with your quote didn't read that way to me.

Jan 5, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #21 of 47
Changed my mind, not ordering from that site after checking out customer reviews around the web. To many horror stories, and return nightmares. You only get 7 days aswell to return them op, remember that incase.

I like to audition headphones first for a week to really get a feel for them, which is why I love amazon. Guess I will grab another pair of dt770's, and call it a day until I get some open ones. Just would have prefered a "funner"/"warmer" set of headphones, than the beyers. I just don't feel there is any punch to the mid bass, it's all about the "boom" which drowns out so much mid detail. Even connected through my fiio E10 using flac files.

Jan 5, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #22 of 47
I thought you where talking about the D600 not D7100 my bad.

Jan 5, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #23 of 47
Changed my mind, not ordering from that site after checking out customer reviews around the web. To many horror stories, and return nightmares. You only get 7 days aswell to return them op, remember that incase.

I like to audition headphones first for a week to really get a feel for them, which is why I love amazon. Guess I will grab another pair of dt770's, and call it a day until I get some open ones. Just would have prefered a "funner"/"warmer" set of headphones, than the beyers. I just don't feel there is any punch to the mid bass, it's all about the "boom" which drowns out so much mid detail. Even connected through my fiio E10 using flac files.
That's an odd experience with the beyers, they have quite a full sounding bass and more of a warm syrupy sound. I remember someone saying that the sound has changed over the years and the newer box models have a more balanced sound.

Jan 5, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #24 of 47
For under £300 I would go for ath w1000x. £230,52 at buydig.com. Even after shipping and customs it's well worth the price. Of course it is twice as much as dt770 but it is a huge upgrade. Imo ath's are strong contender in i't price range among both open and closed headphones.

Jan 5, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #25 of 47
Though, you will have to put up with the wing system going with them. Which is imo the worst headband/head mounting system to ever grace the headphone world. It's just vile, it is in no way comfortable and it means they could fall off at the slightest movement. I sent back a pair of ad700's and ad700x's, tried them twice out of the recommendations of the sound and could not stomach that putrid vile wing system.

Jan 6, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #26 of 47

Yeah I did notice that which is why I didn't order anything else from amazon though from what I've read providing I'm happy with the fit I think they will be what I'm looking for.

It looks like they're still available at £160 as well so I guess they are looking to shift some stock which may mean new models about to be released ???

Jan 6, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #27 of 47
  Yeah I did notice that which is why I didn't order anything else from amazon though from what I've read providing I'm happy with the fit I think they will be what I'm looking for.

It looks like they're still available at £160 as well so I guess they are looking to shift some stock which may mean new models about to be released ???

Just checked and D600 at £199 and D7100 £399

A 2nd hand pair on ebay is currently auctioning, with 29 mins left, at £165+£3.95 p&p so if you didn't like them it seems ebay will get most of your cash back - give it a couple of months though  ;o)

Jan 6, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #29 of 47
Just checked and D600 at £199 and D7100 £399

A 2nd hand pair on ebay is currently auctioning, with 29 mins left, at £165+£3.95 p&p so if you didn't like them it seems ebay will get most of your cash back - give it a couple of months though  ;o)

I'm sure I'll like them even more knowing I got a bargain as well then ! :)

Jan 6, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #30 of 47
I'm sure I'll like them even more knowing I got a bargain as well then !
smily_headphones1.gif

Me to although these are the first new pair of headphones, or virtually anything new HiFi/Home Cinema, I've bought as I really do prefer 2nd hand kit for that "bargain" credential.

So they definately did well to "get" me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back