Best clip-to-ear headphones?
Jun 7, 2005 at 2:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

thejackle999

New Head-Fier
Can anyone recommend and rate the best clip-to-ear headphones?
I'm seeing so many, im not sure what's best or if one is better than another.

Thanks a bunch.
etysmile.gif

Jun 7, 2005 at 3:12 AM Post #3 of 35
welcome to head-fi, and sorry bout ur wallet......

now to business....koss ksc series probably the best clip-ons. be sure to get the kscs with the 60 ohm drivers, they sound much better than anything under $50, or so everyone says.

Jun 7, 2005 at 4:06 AM Post #4 of 35
The BEST . . . KSC-35.
The #2 . . . KSC-75 (but cheaper and more readily available.)

Jun 7, 2005 at 4:10 AM Post #5 of 35
From my experience I would say that the best clip-on headphones I know of are either the Koss KSC35 or Koss KSC75, I haven't decided which I like better, but they both are very good, and that very is not an exaduration.
cool.gif

Jun 7, 2005 at 5:05 AM Post #7 of 35
ATH-EW9. at least I like them... though it seems a lot of people have a different view on them.

I didn't like the KSC-35 that much when I had someone's pair I recabled and put 75-Ohm resistors in for him.

Jun 7, 2005 at 5:17 AM Post #8 of 35
yeesh... audiophiles.
lol, it's a good thing. Fast replies.

So you all agree that the koss ksc 35's are best or is this just temporary hype of the week?
And what's this ohm drivers and installing them? Can anyone refer to me a faq, im lost and hopefully it's not difficult to do.

thejackle999,
"I like clip-ons."
lambda.gif

Jun 7, 2005 at 5:17 AM Post #9 of 35
ksc-35.

i tried my sister's sony clip on headphones today and they were ABSOLUTE CRAP.

Jun 7, 2005 at 5:20 AM Post #10 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by thejackle999
yeesh... audiophiles.

So you all agree that the koss ksc 35's are best or is this just temporary hype of the week?
And what's this ohm drivers and installing them? Can anyone refer to me a faq, im lost and hopefully it's not difficult to do.

thejackle999,
"I like clip-ons."
lambda.gif

you can only get ksc-35 from www.koss.com direct now. the 60 ohm drivers are built in, no need to mod. if you use them with an amp, you can improve the sound by using an additional 75 ohm adapter, like the one from Etymotics. they are not hype, they are the gold standard for bang for the buck portable cans for a looooong time now.

Jun 7, 2005 at 5:24 AM Post #11 of 35
wait... are there different versions of the ksc35?
I see some stores selling them pretty cheap but sometimes they don't specify the ohms.
Should i be worried i might get stuck with a crappier ksc35 that is not 60ohms?

icon10.gif

Jun 7, 2005 at 5:26 AM Post #12 of 35
I recommend the ksc75's quite a bit. Just picked them up today, I'm impressed. I do notice I like the sound better with them pressed on my head. Anyone know any tricks to make that sound more... permanent?

Jun 7, 2005 at 5:26 AM Post #13 of 35
Quote:

wait... are there different versions of the ksc35?
I see some stores selling them pretty cheap but sometimes they don't specify the ohms.
Should i be worried i might get stuck with a crappier ksc35 that is not 60ohms?

icon10.gif

if you are finding them in the stores, they aren't ksc-35. you can only get them from www.koss.com unless they are used or old stock. there's only one type, the original baby!

Jun 7, 2005 at 6:07 AM Post #15 of 35
Quote:

yeesh... audiophiles.

thejackle999,
"I like clip-ons."
lambda.gif

Not me... KSC75 beats the 35 because the ear hook is metal and can be bent for a custom fit. The fit affects the sound. Tighter fit closes the soundstage and gives more bass. looser fit makes them sound more spatious with a little less bass.

KSC75 is my vote... $15 shipped!!!! cant beat that

Garrett

Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back