Best Clip-Ons?
Mar 24, 2011 at 10:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Xaborus

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all, i currently am in need of a budget pair of Clip-ons, such as the Koss KSC75.

There have been many companies trying to get into the clip-on market (such as the Panasonic RP-HS46-K and Sony MDR-Q68LW)

and i just wanted to know what is considered the best clip-on. Thanks!

Mar 25, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #3 of 5
I bought a pair of Koss KSC75 headphones last week for $15. They are absolutely amazing for the price. They have plenty of bass, crisp highs and plenty of soundstage. It is very popular here on the head-fi forums with plenty of mods you can do to improve audio quality further such as the Kramer mod and PX200 pads replacement. Every audiophile should own a Koss KSC75. I am a past owner of a Sony MDR-Q22LP clip-on which is similar to the MDR-Q68LW and it is nowhere near as good.

Mar 25, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #4 of 5
If you want a more neutral frequency response, slightly more refined bass, and better mids, look no further than Yuin G2A (there's also a G1A but that's priced in the hundreds).

They are great lookers too, big flat brushed aluminum plate casing. Compared to KSC75's rather...underwhelming silvery plastic casing at least.

The G2A is sold for $49 I believe. Oh it also uses the same joint connecting to the clip-on clip as the KSC75 and Koss Portapro so you can swap clips / portapro headbands around if you so desire.

And the Yuins sound great with some pleather Sennheiser PX200 ear pads, instead of the default foam ear pads. Really boosts the bass and gives better sound stage too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back