Best choice? (Brainwavz ProAlpha / Brainwavz M1 / Brainwavz M2 + Fiio E5)
Jan 23, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #17 of 33

Quote:
What do you guys think about the Xears TD100 / TD100II???

Just found out about these... do you think they would be a better addition?

Well, if you can find them... they're sold out on the Xears.com site and on ebay.  They're very good earphones IF you don't mind the lack of accessories and somewhat high driver flex.  You'll probably need third party tips, and the cable is kinda meh compared to the Brainwavz.

But if you can find a pair of TD100 or TD100-II (for instance, a used pair or something), they have very good sound.  Very detailed.  Wouldn't call them accurate, though; the bass is somewhat forward, but the mids are really really nice, and the treble even has a bit of sparkle.  I'd recommend the TD100-II over the TD100 because it comes with somewhat better tips and a Y-cord instead of a J-cord.

Jan 23, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #18 of 33
How's the bass on the Brainwavz m2's? I listen to a lot of hip hop, will there be enough rumble for me unamped?

Jan 26, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #19 of 33
Hey guys, i made my choice and ended up buying the just released "Xears Turbo Devices TD III PRO Blackwood" because i got an awesome deal on them €33 with shipping with a promotion code (price at the website is €109 + shipping).

When i get them i'll let you know how they sound :D

Jan 26, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #21 of 33
Ah good to hear. Thanks.

Quote:
Quote:
How's the bass on the Brainwavz m2's? I listen to a lot of hip hop, will there be enough rumble for me unamped?

In my opinion the bass is just right, perfect for hip-hop.
I listen to the song "Pass me the Dutch - Young Money" all the time on these. You'd think you have big-a subwoofers buit-in.

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:28 AM Post #25 of 33
TD III advertised price has dropped down to 35 euro from 100. 

m4xc4v413r4 - have you received the TD III's yet?  would be very interested in your thoughts regarding these.

Thanks

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #27 of 33
Well, just got them and they look awesome, they sound very good with the tips that were already in them (will try others later), but i don't really have any IEM's to compare to, I'll try to gather a few from friends to see the difference.

Feb 1, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #28 of 33
Awesome. How would you rate them in terms of build quality, comfort and isolation?

Feb 3, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #29 of 33
Isolation - I lowered my normal listening volume to half of what i used to in my Apple and Sony earbuds, but this is probably normal when you transition to IEM's ?!??!?? At that volume (iTunes maxed and Windows at 5) i can't hear someone talking to me from 1 meter away, nothing at all.

Comfort - Since i didn't normally use IEM's, i'm not really used to having something stuck into my ear but they haven't really bothered me so far.

Build Quality - Both the cable and earphones look good, the cable looks better than any earbuds i ever had, the earphones look awesome with the black metal and wood divided by a chrome ring, very nice touch. I do get cable noise if i don't use it over the ear but this is also something normal to notice when you transition to IEM's ?!????

Overall i'm loving them, i already noticed details in some songs that i new where there but never heard them with the same detail, also, i listen to a lot of fast guitar solos and they're very good through these..... money well spent as far as i can tell :)

Quote:
Awesome. How would you rate them in terms of build quality, comfort and isolation?

Feb 7, 2011 at 3:59 PM Post #30 of 33
Hi guys. I'm new to the forum. I'm in the same dilemma. In my case the choice is M1 or ProAlpha. I have a Cowon D2 and don't like use this with an amp attached. I like the balanced sound of M1, but my question is it really need an amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back