1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Best chinese dac/amp

First

Back
  1. ProtegeManiac Contributor
    That doesn't sort the "IEMs don't really need the added power of a dedicated amp circuit part," and complicates the issue more with "good luck finding anything portable with as good as the Mojo, even just on the DAC."

AFAIK the Mojo isn't even the normal DAC-output stage-preamp-amp output stage circuit, but more like a power DAC circuit where the DAC's output is designed to go direct to the amp output stage with digital volume control.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    mehdikh423 likes this.
  2. buke9
    +1 on finding a better portable dac than the Mojo.

mehdikh423 likes this.
  3. mehdikh423
    I think you're right so im searching for such this stuff up to 500$ on par with mojo

4. ProtegeManiac Contributor
    It's not a simple matter of throwing just as much money as the Mojo costs at the problem, the Mojo has a completely different circuit design with a lot less components between the DAC chip and the amp output stage. And I can't even recall any portable DAC-HPamp by a Chinese company that goes up to that price.

mehdikh423 likes this.
  5. mehdikh423
    Just ifi idsd black is on par...but i cant buy it because its hard to buy in iran..so im searching but as you say didnt find anything yet.what do you think about qls q360 dap? Is it near mojo sq?

6. ProtegeManiac Contributor
    Haven't even seen nor touched one of those. Do you really need it to be portable? Because you can just get a decent desktop, AC-powered DAC-HPamp from China for less than $500.

7. mehdikh423
    Its better if it will be portable because its better for low impedance earphone but have you any idea for best desktop dac amp?because i have sennheiser hd650 too
    I prefer natural and flat sound..

8. ProtegeManiac Contributor
    Uh...what? Desktop amps can have low impedance and low enough low gain, it depends on each particular amp really. My Meier Cantate.2 had no problems driving my 32ohm, 125dB ASG-1.3 IEMs since 1) it has an output impedance of less than 1ohm and 2) its low gain setting is -13dB.

AudioGD NFB-11 if you're getting the desktop amp from China. I'm not sure if this as a low enough low gain for IEMs though.

mehdikh423 likes this.
  9. ahmadfaizadnan
    the black label is not really portable but yeah you still more portable than other dedicated dac.

@mehdikh423 are you concern about the shipping price? Because in less than $500 you could get definitely get mojo (shipped)

10. Testo
    Audio-GD's NFB-11.28 is a solid option for a Chinese DAC/Amp under $500. As long as you're okay with only single-ended output, the device has a lot to offer for a package that starts at $330.

mehdikh423 likes this.
  11. mehdikh423
    Thanks.Can you compare it with mojo or something like it in term of sound quality ?

12. bixby
    Then buy a Chord Mojo. There is no Chinese dac/amp that I know of that can compete with it at the Chords price.

mehdikh423 likes this.
  13. mehdikh423
    I think you are right.so whats your opinion the best chinese dap up to 600$ in sound quality?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  14. AbstractVoid

If you want something portable and not that expensive, look into the Oppo HA-2.

mehdikh423 likes this.
First

Back