Best chinese dac/amp
Jul 10, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #16 of 29
I want something on par with chord mojo!

That doesn't sort the "IEMs don't really need the added power of a dedicated amp circuit part," and complicates the issue more with "good luck finding anything portable with as good as the Mojo, even just on the DAC."

AFAIK the Mojo isn't even the normal DAC-output stage-preamp-amp output stage circuit, but more like a power DAC circuit where the DAC's output is designed to go direct to the amp output stage with digital volume control.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #17 of 29
+1 on finding a better portable dac than the Mojo.

Jul 11, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #18 of 29
That doesn't sort the "IEMs don't really need the added power of a dedicated amp circuit part," and complicates the issue more with "good luck finding anything portable with as good as the Mojo, even just on the DAC."
AFAIK the Mojo isn't even the normal DAC-output stage-preamp-amp output stage circuit, but more like a power DAC circuit where the DAC's output is designed to go direct to the amp output stage with digital volume control.

I think you're right so im searching for such this stuff up to 500$ on par with mojo

Jul 11, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #19 of 29
I think you're right so im searching for such this stuff up to 500$ on par with mojo

It's not a simple matter of throwing just as much money as the Mojo costs at the problem, the Mojo has a completely different circuit design with a lot less components between the DAC chip and the amp output stage. And I can't even recall any portable DAC-HPamp by a Chinese company that goes up to that price.

Jul 11, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #20 of 29
It's not a simple matter of throwing just as much money as the Mojo costs at the problem, the Mojo has a completely different circuit design with a lot less components between the DAC chip and the amp output stage. And I can't even recall any portable DAC-HPamp by a Chinese company that goes up to that price.

Just ifi idsd black is on par...but i cant buy it because its hard to buy in iran..so im searching but as you say didnt find anything yet.what do you think about qls q360 dap? Is it near mojo sq?

Jul 11, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #21 of 29
Just ifi idsd black is on par...but i cant buy it because its hard to buy in iran..so im searching but as you say didnt find anything yet.what do you think about qls q360 dap? Is it near mojo sq?

Haven't even seen nor touched one of those. Do you really need it to be portable? Because you can just get a decent desktop, AC-powered DAC-HPamp from China for less than $500.

Jul 11, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #22 of 29
Haven't even seen nor touched one of those. Do you really need it to be portable? Because you can just get a decent desktop, AC-powered DAC-HPamp from China for less than $500.

Its better if it will be portable because its better for low impedance earphone but have you any idea for best desktop dac amp?because i have sennheiser hd650 too
I prefer natural and flat sound..

Jul 11, 2017 at 9:24 AM Post #23 of 29
Its better if it will be portable because its better for low impedance earphone...

Uh...what? Desktop amps can have low impedance and low enough low gain, it depends on each particular amp really. My Meier Cantate.2 had no problems driving my 32ohm, 125dB ASG-1.3 IEMs since 1) it has an output impedance of less than 1ohm and 2) its low gain setting is -13dB.

I...but have you any idea for best desktop dac amp?because i have sennheiser hd650 too
I prefer natural and flat sound..

AudioGD NFB-11 if you're getting the desktop amp from China. I'm not sure if this as a low enough low gain for IEMs though.

Jul 11, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #24 of 29
Just ifi idsd black is on par...but i cant buy it because its hard to buy in iran

the black label is not really portable but yeah you still more portable than other dedicated dac.

@mehdikh423 are you concern about the shipping price? Because in less than $500 you could get definitely get mojo (shipped)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back