Best/Cheapest Hard Drive MP3 player?
May 8, 2003 at 9:37 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by benklop
Heh... I just realized I had made up my mind to buy the Ipod as soon as I saw the price - I was just waiting for somebody to confirm my decision. iPod for me.

yeah, i had the same debate. I decided on iPod because I realized that if I had picked the Zen I would forever be tempted to get an iPod still, but if i picked the iPod i don't think i would really be tempted by the Zen.

May 8, 2003 at 5:53 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by NewSc2
yeah, i had the same debate. I decided on iPod because I realized that if I had picked the Zen I would forever be tempted to get an iPod still, but if i picked the iPod i don't think i would really be tempted by the Zen.

I did get the Zen USB 2.0, simply because that was the player that could move files fast enough for me to complete a transfer before my beard grew too much longer. If I had firewire, I suspect I would have gotten the NJB3, as it has other features (dedicated line outs, replaceable batteries) that I would normally prefer. However, as long as sound quality is reasonable, convenience, not sound quality, was driving my choice (plus, if I like the Zen, upgrading it from 20 to 60 GB looks pretty easy to do if I need space).

May 9, 2003 at 7:28 PM Post #19 of 21
I think you guys are seriousl missing out on an incredible contender. Check out the Archos Jukebox Recorder. This is an incredible player that gets better and better every day. Just check out rockbox.haxx.se (this is an open source firmware that gets updated nearly 10 times throughout the day)

With this new firmware the Archos Recorder supports nearly 30 languages, unlimited number of fonts, pitch adjustment/playspeed adjustment, games, demos, and more! It is quite incredible.

Also, at CircutCity it can be bougt for 169.99 after a 30 rebate (but 199 is still REALLY cheap for a 20Gig player with USB 2.0 and more.

May 9, 2003 at 11:23 PM Post #21 of 21
Hirsch if you want to upgrade that Zen, here is a really fine guide :

http://www.blurbdesigns.com/ZenUpgrade/index2.htm

smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back