Best Cds (or MP3) to listen with HD650
Dec 19, 2005 at 11:42 PM Post #18 of 38
My favorite albums with my hd650's are, Bjork-homogenic, Amon Tobin-permustation, Radiohead-kid A, Sufjan Stevens-Come on Feel the Illinoise, Smog-Knock Knock, Bonnie Prince Billie-I See A Darkness and parts of Winco-Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. I think that the hd650's bring out something special in each of these albums that my grado's don't.

Dec 19, 2005 at 11:42 PM Post #19 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taurui
This question is so wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to begin................

-Taurui

Why! What's wrong with selecting music to suit the headphone.
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif

Dec 19, 2005 at 11:51 PM Post #20 of 38
Bizet's Carmen sounds stunningly good on my 650/Zu. Eurythmics' Greatest Hits also sounds great, especially on Love is a Stranger, where the laid back and spacious tonal balance of the 650 eccentuates the haunting sound of this track. Goosebumps.

Dec 19, 2005 at 11:59 PM Post #21 of 38
How about Rush - Power Windows?

How about Opeth - Bleak?

How about Iron Maiden - Run To The Hills?

The Sennheiser =\= Rock/Metal view is not shared by me. I love how music in general sounds through these cans.

And I'm not a "fanboy," either - I also love how it sounds through Grado SR-80 (though the high treble can grate on my ears after a bit), and I love how it sounds through A900, and...

Dec 20, 2005 at 12:06 AM Post #22 of 38
Quote:

This question is so wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to begin................

-Taurui

No need to get cocky here, Taurui
k1000smile.gif

Is it "so... so..." wrong that some lucky Sennheiser owners chose to list their preferences?

Here's just one little scenario for you...

We all buy presents now. Suppose one would like to buy his/her dear a new pair of headphones. Then, he/she thinks, maybe some appropriate music would be nice too, along with these quality cans.

I really appreciate all the replies. Thanks!

Dec 20, 2005 at 12:30 AM Post #23 of 38
Quote:

-Taurui

It's not a totally unreasonable question. I have Grados, Beyers, and Senns and I tend to favor the first two largely because I prefer their sound with most of my music. I wouldn't mind trying one or two CDs that Senn fans think really synergize nicely with the HD-650, so I can see what the fuss is about!

Dec 20, 2005 at 12:55 AM Post #25 of 38
Tool -Lateralus
Cassandra Wilson - New Moon Daughter
Joe Satriani - anything!!!
Allison Krauss - Lonely Runs Both Ways
Nickel Creek - Why Should The Fire Die

That just about covers all types of music but classical!

Dec 20, 2005 at 1:54 AM Post #26 of 38
i really like dire straits - brothers in arms on my hd580. more than the 325i's. very thick, full, and nice.

Dec 20, 2005 at 3:49 AM Post #28 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by OceanEnthusiast
i really like dire straits - brothers in arms on my hd580. more than the 325i's. very thick, full, and nice.

Dire Staits seems like it was mixed for headphones. Heavy Fule has the best rock slam I've ever heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back