Best Cds (or MP3) to listen with HD650
Dec 20, 2005 at 12:54 PM Post #31 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by ktm
Tool -Lateralus

I knew someone would recommend Tool, awesome band, which sounds very good through the 650, but I prefer to upgrade the cable for that one!
icon10.gif

Dec 20, 2005 at 1:28 PM Post #33 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilDwarf
Why! What's wrong with selecting music to suit the headphone.
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif

I agree. People should buy sound systems to enjoy their music, not music to enjoy their sound system.

Dec 20, 2005 at 3:34 PM Post #34 of 38
I just love my MA Recordings CDs (www.marecordings.com) with my HD595s. In fact, MA is having its holiday sale right now (20% off on most CDs). I also like Reference Recordings and Naxos--especially at about $6 a pop for the Naxos. The Naxos CDs tend to vary, though, from good to excellent. Since they do, here are some goodies (from my collection):

Codex Faenza (a very nice "Early Music" disc)
On the Way to Bethlehem (also "Early Music," nice Medieval folk ensembles of varying cultures/inspirations)
Elgar: The Dream of Gerontius
Claudio Monteverdi: Madrigals Book 2 (a SUPERB 24/96 sacred vocal recording)

Dec 20, 2005 at 4:49 PM Post #35 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by luuk
Don't forget bands/singers like:
katie melua
Beastie boys - to the 5 boroughs
Air
Massive attack
Moby
The corrs

2nd that.. all good stuff
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 20, 2005 at 5:32 PM Post #36 of 38
Oh, where to begin.

Some of my current favorites:

A Perfect Circle - Mer de Noms
Nirvana - Unplugged
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky

Jan 9, 2006 at 8:36 AM Post #38 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by steinba
I agree. People should buy sound systems to enjoy their music, not music to enjoy their sound system.

Either way, if you're enjoying the music then what's the big deal?

I'll happily admit that my headphone choices have had an influence on my musical tastes... so what? It works in both directions... the gear influences musical preference, and musical preference influences gear choices.

P.S. I've gotten much more into classical since I started buying high end headphones, and I consider that a good thing. Pop/rock is fine for what it is, but there's a reason why classical is called classical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back