Best Cans for under $100?
Apr 1, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #46 of 48
i ended up buying a set of creative aurvana lives from a member here for $35 and its in pretty good condition. just received it and i love it. its a big upgrade from my logitech headset with mic. sounds nice with my x-fi xtrememusic. only thing bad is i cant plug it into my iphone 2g.

Apr 1, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #47 of 48
I am also a user of the NE-7M IEM's but I started to have some issues with ear sensitivity so started to look for a cheap pair of cans (the budget is pretty tight right now). I was in a local Walmart (Canada) and saw a pair of Cresyn CS-HP600 phone for the lowly price of $35 and almost wrote them off due to the price but they did look kinda cool being foldups. So wrote down the model and started to google them and look on head-fi. I only found a few posts about them here but in one of the posts a user said they were as good at AT A700's, this combined with a few translated reviews I thought I would take the plunge since I could return them anyway.

All I can say is WOW are they ever nice. They have HUGE BASS but it's not just boomy, and I love their midrange (little better than the NE's) and the treble while a bit low (not quite as nice as the NE's) is still pretty darn good. The sound stage is very wide and has more depth than the NE's. I truly wish I could compare these to an actual set of AT A700 or A900 phones because if they are as good as those phones or even say 90% as good as those phones they are an absolute bargain at 1/5 of the price of those phones. They are good enough I will put a full review (my idea of full anyway :) ) of these this week.

Apr 7, 2009 at 7:18 AM Post #48 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Operandi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do others think of the AKG K240s? They are around the $100 mark used.

I barrowed a pair for a week and thought they compared very nicely to my Byer DT770s.

I've used or tried at least a dozen headphones in the $100 range, including most in contention herein and the AKG K240S are easily my faves. I'd go so far as to call them my 'desert island' headphones as in: marooned on a desert island with only one set of headphones...ect..

Anyone surprised that there's almost no mention of anything by Sennheiser? Even the sometimes-lauded HD595s can occasionally be had for around $100US and to my ears, the K240S are better.

I also have Philips SHP9000 (bought in Aussie for a song) and they're wonderful but rarely at bargain prices in the US. Mine were MUCH less than $100US ranking them as the best bang-for-devalued buck ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back