best cans for female vocals
Feb 5, 2010 at 2:33 AM Post #61 of 72
Thank you guys.

Got the AKGs today and without a break in I can already tell they are just what I was looking for. Beautiful.

Also, I ordered a Woo WA6 amp. I know nothing about tubes. This should be a nightmare of fun. I won't even know how to hook them up. If anyone has any experience with this please post some basics. Real basic!

Thanks again

Ben

Feb 5, 2010 at 2:42 AM Post #62 of 72
Congratulations...
k701smile.gif

Feb 5, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #63 of 72
Asr

You are right. I never specified what type of female vocals. I realized that soon after as well, but felt that it was somewhat implied by my other comments. If it wasn't easily inferred, then I was specifically concerned about the high end of the female vocal range. Sorry for being such a newb.

Thanks again

Ben

Feb 5, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #64 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by BenjaminGraham /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you guys.

Got the AKGs today and without a break in I can already tell they are just what I was looking for. Beautiful.

Wait untill the highs open up..............
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 5, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #65 of 72
no reason to feel sorry...think it was generally understood what you or anyone means when they say female vocals.
owned he90 and now own r10, k1000, vintage rs1. R10 and K1000s are the best I've heard for vocals. I generally prefer dynamics over stats though. Truly remarkable to listen to music through these cans...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenjaminGraham /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Asr

You are right. I never specified what type of female vocals. I realized that soon after as well, but felt that it was somewhat implied by my other comments. If it wasn't easily inferred, then I was specifically concerned about the high end of the female vocal range. Sorry for being such a newb.

Thanks again

Ben

Feb 6, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #69 of 72
to talk about which headphone does female vocals the best is to really talk about which headphone does midrange the best...and then all the different presentations of midrange: whether it does lower midrange to upper midrange/lower treble suiting the female vocals your prefer.

it comes down to preference again.

Feb 6, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #70 of 72
dt880's sure do know how to treat a girl right
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back