Best Buy and the Playstation 3
Nov 14, 2006 at 6:47 AM Post #109 of 142
not really sure how sitting outside for 11hr in October in Canada, then taking more time to pick it up, pack and ship it is a free meal. People pay for the convenience, they've been doing it for years.

Nov 14, 2006 at 6:52 AM Post #110 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader
how about this guy

EBGames is probably one of the worst run bussiness I know. So I am siding with the loser kid on this one. Since when does a company own the rights to a product after you pay for it? He will win in a small claims court, hands down, and I hope he does

Nov 14, 2006 at 10:43 AM Post #111 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader
not really sure how sitting outside for 11hr in October in Canada, then taking more time to pick it up, pack and ship it is a free meal. People pay for the convenience, they've been doing it for years.

I completely agree with you RL. You got a raw deal and were royally screwed by EB Games. If eBaying a preorder was against their policy they should have expressed that in some form. Good luck with getting back what you lost, and hopefully getting that PS3 you camped out for. Its definitely not a free meal, as I was planning on camping for close to 24 hours for a PS3 to put on eBay, but now my plans have changed as there is a major event on campus the night before that I would kick myself for missing years down the road.

People deserve to pay a premium for a system on ebay at launch. While everyone else has been camping, even for over 24 hours, and gone through a heck of a hassle to get a system, an ebay customer can just place a bid and have one just like that, with no effort. This never would be an issue if some people did not perceive the worth of acquiring a game console at launch at the extreme convenience of placing a bid to be upwards of several hundred dollars more than the actual cost of the console.

Nov 14, 2006 at 10:45 AM Post #112 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopShelf
EBGames is probably one of the worst run bussiness I know. So I am siding with the loser kid on this one. Since when does a company own the rights to a product after you pay for it? He will win in a small claims court, hands down, and I hope he does

lol, you're still referring to him as the "loser kid". Check the author of the blog, it may look familiar.
wink.gif

Nov 14, 2006 at 12:51 PM Post #114 of 142
I don't know why people are so stupid, wouldn't they make more money if they hold the system till chrismas time? I mean if he got screwed by eb games is because it was coming to him. Even Ebay and some other sites warned people about the information on the receipts and told ppl to blur out any number or information that could help the corporations track them. If you can't do the time don't do the crime. Go to Ebbay right now 99% of the ones posted have altered receipts. In my time we had something called patience, until the unit is in your hands and paid full in straight up cash it does not belong to you, you can't sell what you don't own yet, that's in canada, they don't protect the consumer as much as in the USA.

Nov 14, 2006 at 2:27 PM Post #115 of 142
Just this morning I heard this on the news, Sony said that about 8000 older games will not be supported on PS3, the reason was that in order to ship PS3 before this Christmas they did not have enough time to make them backward compatible with older games.

Nov 14, 2006 at 2:52 PM Post #116 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
Just this morning I heard this on the news, Sony said that about 8000 older games will not be supported on PS3, the reason was that in order to ship PS3 before this Christmas they did not have enough time to make them backward compatible with older games.

PS3, worst launch ever?

Nov 14, 2006 at 4:08 PM Post #117 of 142
hey jahn, if you want to get a ps3 at union square, you should go wait now. a friend of a friend is already waiting outside, lol. i hear he started last night.

Nov 14, 2006 at 5:42 PM Post #118 of 142
Quote:

Sony said that about 8000 older games will not be supported on PS3

How many of these 'older games' (including PS1 games?) are there in total? That sounds like a huge chunk. It's also horrible, because half the reason I wanted a PS3 was to play PS2 games that slowdown on the Ps2.

Nov 14, 2006 at 5:44 PM Post #119 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by trains are bad
How many of these 'older games' (including PS1 games?) are there in total? That sounds like a huge chunk. It's also horrible, because half the reason I wanted a PS3 was to play PS2 games that slowdown on the Ps2.

Well, they do plan on releasing patches/updates. My guess is they'll focus on the more popular/recent ps2 games first.

Nov 14, 2006 at 8:01 PM Post #120 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by ellover009
In my time we had something called patience, until the unit is in your hands and paid full in straight up cash it does not belong to you, you can't sell what you don't own yet

What a novel concept.
wink.gif

I love everyone's excuse nowadays for the cutthroatness in everything. Hey...it's Capitilism. It's good.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back