Best burgers in America
Mar 7, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #92 of 111
By the way, there is a feature-length documentary that profiles a few of the places mentioned (and some other really interesting ones) called Hamburger America that has been showing on the Sundance channel off and on for the past few months. Here is a link to the video's website:

http://www.hamburgeramerica.com/

Mar 10, 2006 at 5:36 PM Post #93 of 111
first time i saw that movie was on a treadmill at the gym. and right after i saw that movie i made myself a butter burger. very strange. i would like to check some of those places out in person though.

Mar 10, 2006 at 6:33 PM Post #95 of 111
I've been to Le Tub as well, and if ever you're in the Ft. Lauderdale / Hollywood area, it's worth a trip. It's not like it's worth building a vacation around, and the service is pretty slow, but the burger is definitely memorable and the location provides for a lot interesting discussion. You really do see million dollar yachts cruising by just an arm's reach away, and the rusted soup can light fixtures are something to behold. Quite the Le Dump, but in a good way.

Mar 10, 2006 at 9:11 PM Post #96 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by hongda
The best burger I've had was at a little place inside Madison Park in NYC. I think it's called Shake Shack or something... No indoor seating, freaking cold... but the burgers.... the burgers.....

I miss NYC...

Yes. YES. The Shake Shack IS the Burger place. I've never had a better burger. It's closed during the winter though, and won't re-open till March 20th. That's right, it's so good I know when it opens again. I'll be in line for an hour at lunch... look for the guy in huge headphones...

Mar 11, 2006 at 2:45 AM Post #97 of 111
Anyone remember a burger joint on Van Ness in San Francisco that must have closed in the 1980's or 90's called "Hippopotamus"?

Oct 16, 2006 at 4:20 PM Post #98 of 111
"On the road, I eat hamburgers every day. The team tries to get me to eat differently, but no. Burgers, burgers, burgers. I like burgers. McDonald's burgers. Wendy's burgers. Burger King burgers. There's this one place in Canada—I even look at the schedule to find out when we play there—best burger I've ever tasted. Real soft and sweet. I ate twelve of them in one night." - Gilbert Arenas from the Washington Wizards

Wish I knew what place he was talking about.
rolleyes.gif
:p

Biggie.

Oct 16, 2006 at 6:00 PM Post #99 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
"On the road, I eat hamburgers every day. The team tries to get me to eat differently, but no. Burgers, burgers, burgers. I like burgers. McDonald's burgers. Wendy's burgers. Burger King burgers. There's this one place in Canada—I even look at the schedule to find out when we play there—best burger I've ever tasted. Real soft and sweet. I ate twelve of them in one night." - Gilbert Arenas from the Washington Wizards

Wish I knew what place he was talking about.
rolleyes.gif
:p

Biggie.

white castle??
otherwise i dont see anyone eating 12 burgers even if they are a NBA player

Oct 16, 2006 at 11:23 PM Post #100 of 111
taste is very much like sound, i think people would have different opinions what would be the "best" burger. also seeing the guy ate so many burgers wouldn't the later burgers be disadvantaged because he got so bored of eating them? maybe even developed burgerphobia.

Oct 17, 2006 at 12:35 AM Post #102 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
ahh, the return of the fatty foods!

BTW, Oistrakh -- keep forgetting to mention -- your "Oistrakh" avatar looks suspiciously like Isaac Stern! ...and so...?

Oct 17, 2006 at 12:46 AM Post #103 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911
white castle??
otherwise i dont see anyone eating 12 burgers even if they are a NBA player

They don't have white castle in toronto. And he said one night, not one sitting. Apparently Arenas never leaves his hotel room so I'll bet the food was delivered to him.

Biggie.

Oct 17, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #104 of 111
Nobby Burger in Chico, CA. They fry everything in peanut oil. If you get cheese, they put a big hunk of cheddar on it and as it melts, it falls over the sides and gets fried in the peanut oil. So you have these 'cheese wings' sticking out of the side of the burger. They put it on a sourdough roll with lettuce, tomato, mayo, thousand island, and pickles. OMG it is so good.

Oct 17, 2006 at 3:34 AM Post #105 of 111
For Phoenix, AZ- Chicago Hamburger Co. is the best for a traditional burger, they have incredible fries too. Deluxe burger is great for a fancy classed up burger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back