Best burgers in America
Feb 19, 2006 at 2:47 AM Post #76 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
The Burger Bar in Vegas.

I've tried their Rossini burger made with Kobe beef, sauteed foie gras, shaved truffles and Madeira sauce on an onion bun and I must admit that it was a damn good burger, but I still prefer the Father's Office burger in Santa Monica.

Feb 19, 2006 at 2:49 AM Post #77 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
I've tried their Rossini burger made with Kobe beef, sauteed foie gras, shaved truffles and Madeira sauce on an onion bun and I must admit that it was a damn good burger, but I still prefer the Father's Office burger in Santa Monica.

I had one close similar to that, as I recall. It was after a very late night and I think I was told by someone that's where we ate.

I don't know if this was mentioned. We have a place called Cheeburger, Cheeburger, which I guess are out of Florida. Another place that I am pretty sure is local called Charhut. It's fast food but everything is cooked to order. It inexpensive and good.

Feb 19, 2006 at 3:24 AM Post #78 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
We have a place called Cheeburger, Cheeburger, which I guess are out of Florida.

Sounds like the Billy Goat Tavern should be suing someone.

I used to pass by one of their restaurants near Jackson downtown on my way to work everyday. Never ate there though but there are still those that swear by them.

"No Coke, Pepsi."

Feb 19, 2006 at 3:14 PM Post #80 of 111
The best burger I've had was at a little place inside Madison Park in NYC. I think it's called Shake Shack or something... No indoor seating, freaking cold... but the burgers.... the burgers.....

I miss NYC...

Feb 19, 2006 at 3:32 PM Post #81 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tech2
I've had a #8: A cheeseburger at Miller Bar in Dearborn Michigan.

It was pretty good, but I've had good burgers at other local places as well. To me, a burger is only capable of X amount of goodness. I mean, come on, it's ground beef with some stuff on top.

The burger at Miller Bar IS a very good burger. I'm also a big fan of the RedCoat Tavern in Birmingham. They have burgers of all form and fashion, including a lower fat version made with Piedmontese Beef!! I'm sort of surprised that they didn't make the list.

Feb 19, 2006 at 4:14 PM Post #82 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danamr
Wolfe Burgers in Pasadena California or Tommy's Burger in LA.

wow a tommy bruger is a thing of beauty. Can't forget In N Out either. so delicious. Wow I want one

Feb 19, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #83 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Just dropped by my local Carls Jr. which I haven't been to in quite some time. Now that I think about it I prefer Carls Jr. over Macky D's or Burger King.

My wife loves the "Western Bacon Cheese Burger". She makes a point of getting a couple everytime she is in the area.
Is there still a Fat Burger in Westwood? It's been a long time since I moved away, but I thought they were great.

Feb 19, 2006 at 6:50 PM Post #84 of 111
I'll have to go check out Le Tub.

There's this place called Billy's over here and their Billy Burger is a mouthful... a really, really good mouthful.

Feb 19, 2006 at 9:32 PM Post #85 of 111
I certainly won't claim it's the best burger around but I always end up at "Paul's" on 2nd Ave, just south of St Mark's Place. My friend Joan loves their blue cheese burger but I'm pretty basic with tomato, a slice of raw onion, a lotta ketchup and a Stewarts Root Beer.

Feb 20, 2006 at 3:16 AM Post #86 of 111
Feb 20, 2006 at 6:11 AM Post #87 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by hongda
The best burger I've had was at a little place inside Madison Park in NYC. I think it's called Shake Shack or something... No indoor seating, freaking cold... but the burgers.... the burgers.....

I miss NYC...

It is the Shake Shack (Opened July 2004) -- created and run by Danny Meyer, who owns some very fine restaurants in the area, such as 11 Madison Park, Tabla, Gramercy Tavern, Union Square Cafe, Blue Smoke (BBQ + Jazz).

Very good burgers + really great ice cream.

It's great in Spring & Summer, but popular and has huge lines in warm weather 'til late afternoon. Madison Square Park is a very nice, peaceful little family park with free concerts summertime Wednesday eves. I've only visited Shake Shack in warm weather and always enjoyed it. It's closed for the (cold) winter months and reopens March 21st 2006! Countdown to your next Shake Shack Burger: 28 days 22 hours 38 mins (as of this moment).

The official Shake Shack Site:

http://shakeshacknyc.com/

Here's a pre-opening article with pics:
http://www.curbed.com/archives/2004/...hake_shack.php

...and a review:

http://www.ahamburgertoday.com/archi...hake_shack.php

...and someone's Shake Shack pics page:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/shakeshack/clusters/

Sure wish there was an In-And-Out Burger and a Tommy's Burgers in NYC! (...not to mention TJ and Costco...)

EDIT 10/16/06: Well, we have Trader Joe's now! East 14th Street, between 3rd Avenue and Irving Place (East of Union Square). Yippee!!

Shake Shack isn't closing yet for the season. Their site says" The days are getting shorter and so are our hours! Beginning October 16th, Shake Shack's Hours Will Be 11AM - 9PM" (That's today!)

Mar 6, 2006 at 6:37 PM Post #88 of 111
I had a chance to try out Le Tub on Saturday as a side-trip during my vacation (while driving from Vero Beach to Miami).

This is the best burger I've ever had (and, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I've had several from the list, among others)!

I think the key to this burger is how it is cooked (I would guess it's a two stage process...a high-heat searing at first, to seal in the juices or whatever, followed by a lower-heat cooking period to cook the meat inside); however the meat was definitely high quality (though not especially higher than any of the other $10 burgers on the list that I've had). The french fries are also quite good. And the scenery is great (it's on the water, and if you can get a table outside you'll enjoy lots of nice boats with women tanning themselves onboard floating by). On the downside, it is very crowded and it took about an hour to receive my food. Also, the traffic in the area is heavy (and parking is difficult) because it is near a popular public beach and harbor.

Here's a couple of pictures I took (click to enlarge):

Here's another site I found with more pics/info:
http://jahanbini.com/BurgerClub/view...ffc1390587b01d

Mar 6, 2006 at 7:26 PM Post #89 of 111
Quote:

Here's a couple of pictures I took

That looks good! I wish I'd known about that place when I was in Florida a few weeks ago. I assume you ordered quadruple onion on that particular burger.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm visiting Pittsburgh this weekend and haven't noticed any recommendations for that city. Anyone have any suggestions as to where to eat in Pittsburgh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back