CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 7, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #11,791 of 31,832
Yesterday I finally had a chance to try friend´s IT01, Haydn, ZS10 and compare it to my current favourite Evos Palais (60€). Ye I know they are not chinese, but hopefully you won´t be mad at me :D
For me, Evos still on top, Haydn is close behind, it is missing the delicate treble (can also be seen in graph). I´m not saying they are worse, I didn´t really have time to compare them much.

I love the looks of IT01 and its cable, but unfortunately I have trouble fitting these, so I can´t say much. They have more bass than Evos, but that depends on how you tune bass on Evos, I have it touch above neutral for traveling.
IT01 kicks more, but it has some kind of plasticky sound in lower treble and lacks that sweet treble extension of Evos - this may be just due to me not getting a good fit, who knows, because they measure similarly.
On measurements treble seems similar, but trust me that Evos treble is on another level, tonally closer to ER4SR, it is so airy, extended and yet smooth, strips of transpore over the nozzle must be doing some magic :)
ZS10 can´t touch these imho, I´m not fan of KZ sound anymore.. And they are so big I can´t fit them comfortably either.

I took a fast measurements on my phone if anyone is interested, measured using a cheap uncalibrated mic and same foam tips on all iems. Ignore the differences in bass under 100Hz this time.

Evos Palais (modded) - this was taken later at home so it looks much nicer.

Ibasso IT01 (forget the bass bump here, it isn´t that huge actually)

KZ ZS10

Whizzer A15 Pro - Haydn (forget that nasty bass bumb)

I may take more precise measurements on my PC in the future.. :wink:
euh the evos palais is muche 160 euros than 60 :frowning2:? where did you get it for this price?

ty

Jul 7, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #11,793 of 31,832
euh the evos palais is muche 160 euros than 60 :frowning2:? where did you get it for this price?

ty
on amazon.de or amazon.it
they are some discounts from time to time.. worth the wait imho :)

Jul 7, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #11,795 of 31,832
relatively easy mod (thanks to james444) just poke the vent to reduce bass and put transpore tape strips over nozzle to tame treble peaks..If you decide to buy them, just PM me, I can give you some tips

Jul 7, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #11,796 of 31,832
My son used to be very hard on IEM's, having the cable fail at the input jack. I finally bought some heat shrink tubing e and reinforced all his new ones before I gave them to him. The tricky part was finding tubing big enough to go over the jack but small enough that is shrank to a snug fit on the cable. If you can find 4:1 or at least 3:1 ratio and a decent heat gun it works well. Just be careful not to apply too much heat or the solder can melt inside the plug. I don't have any IEM's left that I modded, but here is a shot of an old iPad cable I used heat shrink on years ago.

SUGRU is perfect for fixing or reinforcing cables like that. Cheap and versatile thing :)

Jul 7, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #11,797 of 31,832
relatively easy mod (thanks to james444) just poke the vent to reduce bass and put transpore tape strips over nozzle to tame treble peaks..If you decide to buy them, just PM me, I can give you some tips

thanx for the moment i don't have make my choice the chinese iem is "welcome to the jungle" AKA GnR lol
mbe the hisenior b5 but i don"t find any test or reviews:frowning2:

Jul 7, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #11,798 of 31,832
I picked up the cheap KZ ed16 (zs7) from Amazon and am pretty pleased. I haven't bought anything for awhile and also was looking to replace my daughter's Tennmak Pros, so it was a win, win, haha. Those of you who are familiar with me, know that I have a pretty negative opinion of the KZ brand in general. I have owned the ed9, zs3, both colors of the ZST, and the zs5 and zs6. I have sold or gifted all but the ed9's and I had pretty much given up on the brand. Though I did have some very negative experiences in the past that have swayed my view, I do believe that I need to give credit where credit is due.
I feel these ed16 are the best model that I've heard yet from KZ. They have a fun and musical sound, with nice deep, yet punchy bass, with good details in the mids, as well as a nice, clear and airy treble. Also, they're very comfortable to wear. I can recommend them to anyone and everyone. They were definitely 20 bucks well spent and I hope they last a long time for my daughter. I'm actually considering buying another pair, just in case something happens to her pair.

Jul 7, 2018 at 2:13 PM Post #11,799 of 31,832
The Betron BS-10 is so good I bought a back up pair in black, my original ones are white

i can't remember but you have the hisenior isnt it ?
i think to make my choice between the ibasso it01(i have a dx50) or hisenior b5 i hope not to make a misstake ..for me 100 euros is a lot of money:frowning2:

ibasso for me is a quality guarantee and i don"t find any review of the hisenior b5:frowning2:

Jul 7, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #11,800 of 31,832
Yeah, the build quality of Vsonic is crap. Even if you get a removable cable design (such as VSD3S), the divers often inexplicably die after a year.

I think they put a 12 month self-destruct switch inside all of their IEMs lol

My GR07 are long dead. I am babying my VSD5S. Once they die too, I’m definitely done with VSonic.

They do put a self destruct switch inside their IEMs. My last pair of VSD5S crumbled to pieces at around the 3 year mark. This was a spare pair kept mostly in storage, normal temperature and humidity. Took it out when I run out of Vsonics and the case simply split open, when I was planning how to glue it back, the friking magnet fall off the driver so the driver was now split in half, the glue degraded to the point it was crumbling to pieces. I've bought so many Vsonics over the years I'm ashamed to admit it, I have other older IEMs that are still working, none of the Vsonics are functional. Last month my final pair, a VSD3S New gave up after maybe 2 months of total use in a year. It's a shame cause Vsonic has one of my favorite sound signatures but I could've gotten a nice CIEM with how much I've spend on them.

Jul 7, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #11,802 of 31,832
thanx for the moment i don't have make my choice the chinese iem is "welcome to the jungle" AKA GnR lol
mbe the hisenior b5 but i don"t find any test or reviews:frowning2:
I don't have the iBasso but the HiSenior B5+ is more neutral I believe as it is all BA, I really like them and they are very well made. Tip choice is quite critical to get the best out of them

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back