CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 18, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #1,036 of 31,833
  Can anyone recommend a good IEM that meets this criteria?

1.  Under $25
2.  Has a mild V shape
3.  Won't break in a week
4.  Cable doesn't have awful microphonics.
5.  Has a microphone

I basically don't want super boomy bass or shrieking highs, but do want them to be a little bit of fun so not totally neutral/boring since I never use an IEM.

Some IEM's I've had for comparison:

- Steelseries flux (using) - something like this would probably be OK.  The cable microphonics are killing me though.  Any minor movement makes a ton of noise.
- Soundmagic E10 (using) - overall not too bad.  Nice cable, sound is OK, maybe just a touch light on bass for me.
- Vsonic GR02 (sold) - WAY too V shaped.  Hated these so much.
- Meelectronics M9 (broken) - not bad, a little too harsh on the highs for me
- Philips SH3590 (lost) - didn't really like these, just sounded distorted on highs and meh all around

I'm rotating between the SS Flux and Soundmagic E10 now.  Flux is probably closest in sound I like, but can't stand the cable.  Also need an extra pair for my mom who asked for a recommendation.

My favorites that meet your criteria:

Rock Zircon
DZAT DF-10
SWING IE800
Joyroom E103
KZ ATE

(roughly in that order, but they're all very nice)

Aug 18, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #1,037 of 31,833

Where can I get the detachable replacement cables for this? I'm interested since my brainwavz jive was broken. Honestly so far my xiaomi, I liked the build of that any headphones with tha nice style build of the hybrid?

Aug 18, 2016 at 1:33 PM Post #1,038 of 31,833
Where can I get the detachable replacement cables for this? I'm interested since my brainwavz jive was broken. Honestly so far my xiaomi, I liked the build of that any headphones with tha nice style build of the hybrid?

There:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Earmax-Upgrade-4-core-Hand-Made-Silver-Plated-Earphone-Headset-Headphone-Cable-for-Shure-SE215/1183804_32615926395.html

Yeah, the Xiaomi Hybrid look great...should try it soon!

Aug 18, 2016 at 1:43 PM Post #1,039 of 31,833
Aug 20, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #1,040 of 31,833
Hey everyone,

there my reviews of the KZ-ZS1 and Plextone S50, as well as Somic V2 and other earphones
wink_face.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/products/kz-zs1-in-ear-monitors/reviews/16669

http://www.head-fi.org/products/plextone-s50-waterproof/reviews/16623

So much good earphones out there for little price, it's quite crazy and I think it would be even more in the futur!!!
Will begin to try bigger contenders in the next months, if money appear from the sky or something.
More earbuds too....cause i'm addict to the MrZ Tomahawk these days.

Cheers!

Aug 22, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #1,042 of 31,833
  Okay, I will came back about this in no long!

Now i'm into the discovering of the Superlux HD381F....

Really love their earphones and this one is definetely MIDS centered as stated.
Need more listening to know if I prefer them to the HD381.

Cheers!

hello
please tell me about your discover of the hd381f
is it good ? is it better than it under 20$ ?
and please if u can give rate to earphones
tnx

Aug 22, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #1,043 of 31,833
Just got my eBay purchased KZ ZS3. Really, really good for an $11 earphone so the deal was apparently legit. Arrived same day as my Trinity Vyrus so the KZ won't be getting much eartime for a while.

Aug 24, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #1,044 of 31,833
  I am looking for something as an ultra mobile option with the following metrics if anyone has a suggestion.

As a reference my favorite headphones are the same as my thumbnail, V-Moda Crossfade M-100. I also love my HiSoundAudio Wooduo2 & Thinksound ts01.1 (walnut massdrop ed.)

I am looking for a wireless addition to my set up. I am not opposed to On ear vs Over ear, as long as the comfort for ~2 hour time frame can withhold (while commuting on the public transportation system Bus&Trolly).

With this being said, I am looking for something that is again Wireless, my only reason for another option is wireless, very portable and can fold up nicely. I need isolation to be a higher priority for obvious reasons (while on transit). I mostly listen to Hiphop/Rap/RnB/EDM type music. I am a basshead, but bass isnt top priority as isolation and portability for now. I have very bass heavy earphones with comply tips if I need to fulfill that hunger. 

If anyone has any wallet-friendly suggestions, or would like more information on preference, please let me know. Thank you! :)

And then the poster (me) realized the actual title of the thread. Eeep, is there a thread for asking what I am looking for?

I've got a pair of 1More iBeFree earphones that are brilliant but they also do an over ear model MK801 or something similar. Comes with an app to fine tune the sound I believe.

Aug 24, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #1,045 of 31,833
I am looking for something as an ultra mobile option with the following metrics if anyone has a suggestion.

As a reference my favorite headphones are the same as my thumbnail, V-Moda Crossfade M-100. I also love my HiSoundAudio Wooduo2 & Thinksound ts01.1 (walnut massdrop ed.)

I am looking for a wireless addition to my set up. I am not opposed to On ear vs Over ear, as long as the comfort for ~2 hour time frame can withhold (while commuting on the public transportation system Bus&Trolly).

With this being said, I am looking for something that is again Wireless, my only reason for another option is wireless, very portable and can fold up nicely. I need isolation to be a higher priority for obvious reasons (while on transit). I mostly listen to Hiphop/Rap/RnB/EDM type music. I am a basshead, but bass isnt top priority as isolation and portability for now. I have very bass heavy earphones with comply tips if I need to fulfill that hunger. 

If anyone has any wallet-friendly suggestions, or would like more information on preference, please let me know. Thank you! :)

And then the poster (me) realized the actual title of the thread. Eeep, is there a thread for asking what I am looking for?

Mixcder Drip may work. I haven't tested them though. They do look interesting. I believe a few people bought them

Aug 24, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #1,046 of 31,833
Ultra bang for your buck has got to be the Vivo XE800s right now... I bought mine for $22 and these babies basically sound like a pair of amped havi b3 pros!

Of course the havi's have the ultimate soundstage, but holy moly these XE800S have some amazing detail nice accurate bass!

I'm so hyped to go to work tomorrow.. can't wait to give them a proper audition on the metro!

Aug 24, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #1,047 of 31,833
I purchased the Ausdom M08 (improved red & black edition) for $25 USD.. The day before the M04 went on sale for $16, but oh well. I actually think they have good sound. The bass is heavier than I believe some would prefer, but its not like over bearing. For the time being I am satisfied with these, they are very light comfortable and seem to connect well from the phone in my pocket.

Aug 24, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #1,048 of 31,833
Ultra bang for your buck has got to be the Vivo XE800s right now... I bought mine for $22 and these babies basically sound like a pair of amped havi b3 pros!

Of course the havi's have the ultimate soundstage, but holy moly these XE800S have some amazing detail nice accurate bass!

I'm so hyped to go to work tomorrow.. can't wait to give them a proper audition on the metro!

I see them even cheaper at 7$ incl. shipping 

too bad I can't do aliexpess right now ... they sound interesting

Aug 24, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #1,049 of 31,833
I see them even cheaper at 7$ incl. shipping 

too bad I can't do aliexpess right now ... they sound interesting

$7 does seem like the ultimate deal, but I'd rather not risk it with Chinese sellers. I bought from the same seller as those in the XE800 thread. Multiple people have received great earphones from that store, I can't say the same for that $7 guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back