CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 10, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #10,516 of 31,833
I bought the Yersen Fen-2000 for a friend encouraged by the good opinions I had read about them. Also because they meet several requirements that my friend asked me: metal capsules, small, removable cable. I tried them when I received them, with their permission of course. And I was very upset by the medium high and the low bass (the peak in the 5Khz to which I am especially sensitive). This detail makes them unusable for me. I can support any other IEM of KZ (ZS5, ZS6, ZS10) before these. My friend said the same as me. He found a very metallic sound throughout the frequency range. For me it is the IEM that I like least of all the ones I have bought. And luck that they were not for me. But I'm sorry for my friend.
I checked with pure frequencies that the basses played correctly on both channels.
I want to think that there are different versions of this IEM and that some sound good.

Before buying it I reviewed frequency response graphs, all of them are always different. In this case the peak around 5KHz I found higher than what I saw in the graphics. Even knowing that a difference of more than 3dB in a sensitive area is a lot.

I will have to revise the graphs better in the future.

May 10, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #10,517 of 31,833
I bought the Yersen Fen-2000 for a friend encouraged by the good opinions I had read about them. Also because they meet several requirements that my friend asked me: metal capsules, small, removable cable. I tried them when I received them, with their permission of course. And I was very upset by the medium high and the low bass (the peak in the 5Khz to which I am especially sensitive). This detail makes them unusable for me. I can support any other IEM of KZ (ZS5, ZS6, ZS10) before these. My friend said the same as me. He found a very metallic sound throughout the frequency range. For me it is the IEM that I like least of all the ones I have bought. And luck that they were not for me. But I'm sorry for my friend.
I checked with pure frequencies that the basses played correctly on both channels.
I want to think that there are different versions of this IEM and that some sound good.

Before buying it I reviewed frequency response graphs, all of them are always different. In this case the peak around 5KHz I found higher than what I saw in the graphics. Even knowing that a difference of more than 3dB in a sensitive area is a lot.

I will have to revise the graphs better in the future.

Well I received a L and R replacement for my defective R side and have been using them for a couple of days. They sound the same to me, but after 2 days the L side DD went leaving me with a working L from my original order, and a working R from my replacements (phew).

Together they sound great with no channel differences to my ears, which contradicts them being different to earlier batches.

They are bright, but not to the point of being treble cannons and are very resolving.

With 2 out of 4 earpieces going defective, I don't think they'll last long though.

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #10,519 of 31,833
Those looking for a cheap bassy pair for EDM/Rap/etc.... I just got these and they surprised me. Warm, fairly detailed, no harsh treble peaks/thin sounding treble.

https://audiobudget.com/product/I-INTO/i8

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #10,520 of 31,833
May 10, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #10,521 of 31,833
Got one of these from Amazon coming today. They're pretty crazy with 3 dynamic drivers. I'm all for non-conforming things :) Amazon link: http://a.co/7IB7bFM
Let me know what you think. I've been listening to them for about an hour now. Great value, fun IEM. To my ears it seems there's a little bit of a scoop in the treble but I was able to fix it with Peace Equalizer.

May 10, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #10,524 of 31,833
Got the Rose North Forest in the mail today, first impressions is that they are very bass-heavy and it's hard to get past that. Accessories are pretty spartan in comparison to some of my other recent purchases (no carry case, just 4 pairs of silicone tips). I get the sense that the sound could be cleaned up tremendously with EQ, so if anyone can direct me to a frequency graph of them or recommend some good EQ settings I'd appreciate it. Definitely prefer the UiiSiii CM5 without EQ.

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #10,525 of 31,833
Got the Rose North Forest in the mail today, first impressions is that they are very bass-heavy and it's hard to get past that. Accessories are pretty spartan in comparison to some of my other recent purchases (no carry case, just 4 pairs of silicone tips). I get the sense that the sound could be cleaned up tremendously with EQ, so if anyone can direct me to a frequency graph of them or recommend some good EQ settings I'd appreciate it. Definitely prefer the UiiSiii CM5 without EQ.

Let it burn in perhaps and get use to the sound. I have yet to attempt EQ but then again I might have to send mine back as they forgot to include the mic so have put these to rest... Sorry VENTING:

Sending them back would definitely NOT be free and all I'm getting is a discount for what I actually ordered in the first place, but Penon is open to suggestion. Not too happy and I understand that it can happen, but they should have better offers to cover for their mistakes.

When you buy something for commuting purposes, a mic is essential. :triportsad: As a gift, GF is happy regardless as she enjoys the bass, but it will bother her in the longterm - I'm sure of it.:eye:

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #10,526 of 31,833
Those looking for a cheap bassy pair for EDM/Rap/etc.... I just got these and they surprised me. Warm, fairly detailed, no harsh treble peaks/thin sounding treble.

https://audiobudget.com/product/I-INTO/i8
Yes completely agree. Full bodied sound. Bassy and surprising (not amazing but very decent) clarity of mids and highs. For me its a upgraded version of tennmak pro.

Against other iems i have, i love how they "expand" the music. i think thats because my ears and brain are adapted to BA sound and this IEM give me back the big DD experience

May 10, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #10,527 of 31,833
Speaking of T2 isolation & fit, I thought the fit would be rather easy provided you could find a suitable tip, but out of like 13 pairs of tips I tried, the fit was always poor. Could some of this be attributed to the shell thickness, or would any of the other "stick bodies with a tip at the end" mean a similarly poor fit for me? I'm interested in the Final e series but the T2 kind of pushed me away from ordering anything even remotely similar in design.

Yt4CiD7.jpg

Which T2 are you talking about: The Tin Audio T2 or the Einsear T2? Your picture shows something else. If it is the Tin Audio T2 (see below) I have had great luck with the Anjiru memory foams from Aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pc...ear-pads-for-headphones-T300/32773491286.html But seal and fit is a very personal thing.

Tin%20audioT2-700x700.jpg

Last edited:
May 11, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #10,528 of 31,833
Need a lil help, me and wife have gotten a few kz's and a bunch of other stuff, she likes the kz, but she has small ears and even with the smallest tips using the zst, she has a problem keeping them in. Bigger tips won't even go in, can you guys give a few recommendations, she likes the it01, the tfz series 5, and es4 but not sure if they will fit. we will probably pick up a few kz anyway but was curious, she likes a lot of hip hop, bit of rap,she don't want too v shaped sound, she loves monk+, zst are sometimes too bright, what can you guys recommend

May 11, 2018 at 1:56 AM Post #10,530 of 31,833
Need a lil help, me and wife have gotten a few kz's and a bunch of other stuff, she likes the kz, but she has small ears and even with the smallest tips using the zst, she has a problem keeping them in. Bigger tips won't even go in, can you guys give a few recommendations, she likes the it01, the tfz series 5, and es4 but not sure if they will fit. we will probably pick up a few kz anyway but was curious, she likes a lot of hip hop, bit of rap,she don't want too v shaped sound, she loves monk+, zst are sometimes too bright, what can you guys recommend

Since you are looking for small KZ IEMs, and you don't want a deep v shape, I would suggest the KZ HDS3. It is only mildly v shaped, and sounds good with hip hop and rap.

You could also try the UiiSii CM5. It sounds excellent (although a little more v shaped than the HDS3), and it is available in a small size shell (the default size is L sized shell).

Finally, if you want something closer to neutral, and with excellent sound, the Tin Audio T2 is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back