CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 24, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #16 of 31,833
etysmile.gif
WOW
etysmile.gif

THANKS everybody for feedback!

And don't forget to give a little impression about the earphones you like if you can, just to help figure out the type of sound.
If you know the best cheapest place to buy it give the link too...like for this Fostex TE-02 (I find them at 22$ at frontendaudio.com but I guess shipping cost will be dissuasive).
Anyway, not sure about the link for purchasing because it's complicate, perhaps just here and not in the official list will be better.

You can be sure I will update the list when I can (like now)!

CHEERS!

Apr 24, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #17 of 31,833

cool.gif
Nymphono, HOLD off on purchasing that ER580. I have Both the VJJB V1 and the ER 580 and they are fairly similar. Good Sounding but not Stellar. Once I get settled in My new job, (within a couple weeks),  PM me Your address and I will send you a pair of ER580.

Your Welcome.
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

WhAt!!!!!
eek.gif

Thats Really TOO kind of you, you could have wait for christmass for that TwinACStacks!
wink.gif

But don't, please.

I'm like all emotive now for this sudden act of generosity and thank you from all my being, perhaps I will create a religion and you will became my god because now i'm a beleiver in unconditional goodness of human being!

I will PM you my adress for sure and share my impression with headfier and compare them with the VJJB V1 once I got them both.

Really, TwinACStacks, you made my day, I appreciate it alot.

Wish you a IMMENSE karma upgrade
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 24, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #18 of 31,833
TTPOD T1-E €31 (~$35) : L shaped headphones without hitting basshead levels. Clear and articulate bass. Subbass reaching deep. Powerful and thick mids. Highs sound accurate but do not extend as far as with other headphones, making them a bit dark sounding. (ymmv)

Apr 24, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #19 of 31,833

WhAt!!!!!
eek.gif

Thats Really TOO kind of you, you could have wait for christmass for that TwinACStacks!
wink.gif

But don't, please.

I'm like all emotive now for this sudden act of generosity and thank you from all my being, perhaps I will create a religion and you will became my god because now i'm a beleiver in unconditional goodness of human being!

I will PM you my adress for sure and share my impression with headfier and compare them with the VJJB V1 once I got them both.

Really, TwinACStacks, you made my day, I appreciate it alot.

Wish you a IMMENSE karma upgrade
ksc75smile.gif

ksc75smile.gif
Please.... You don't need to Gush. A Statue will be just fine.

I have an ungodly amount of Earphones taking up space that I simply wont Use again. I'll tell you what: If You can get me Your info ASAP, (I may be able to get to the post office Saturday if we don't have to work OT), I may just be magnanimous and throw in the VJJB V1 as well. At least it will have a good home.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
TWIN

Well?  Get to Steppin'.....

Apr 24, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #21 of 31,833
If i had ungodly amount of money like you, then i would be happy☺

:grinning: Give you a clue Mo, I've been blessed by my Lord AND I work my butt off. I live for overtime.

It helps pay for this addiction. So If I can help another forum brother by giving him some Iems that I'm not going to use, it makes me feel good.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Apr 24, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #22 of 31,833
I made an impression of the Tennmak Pro in the big Chinese IEM thread if you want to quote me and what I'm about type isn't detailed enough.

Tennmak Pro Dual Driver IEM ($22):
Sound: Initially, the bass was decent, and didn't go very deep but was fast. The midrange was a little warm, but still accurate. The treble was smooth, but detailed enough, and never simblant. Now, at about 100 hours, the sub-bass has improved vastly, midrange the same, treble is maybe a little bit crisper, but that is more likely my ears adapting to the IEMs. Soundstage has always been above average, vocals seem to be far in front of me or close depending on mixing, placement of instruments is top notch.
Aesthetics/durability: I love the aesthetics of them, the plastic is smooth, durable, and transparent. I've been rough with them, I carry them around in my pocket and I'm quite clumsy and walk into tables/cars/chairs all the time and they've faired pretty well considering. The Tennmak logos on the backs of them have rubbed partially off and one back fell off one time, but I just Gorilla glued it back on. They're still working and me being me, that's fantastic. I even attempted to mod them by drilling two holes into the backs of them. I'm honestly not sure if the mod did anything, but they're so working great and the plastic didn't crack from my drilling so...

For $22 I give them 2 thumbs up

Apr 24, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #23 of 31,833
I made an impression of the Tennmak Pro in the big Chinese IEM thread if you want to quote me and what I'm about type isn't detailed enough.

Tennmak Pro Dual Driver IEM ($22):
Sound: Initially, the bass was decent, and didn't go very deep but was fast. The midrange was a little warm, but still accurate. The treble was smooth, but detailed enough, and never simblant. Now, at about 100 hours, the sub-bass has improved vastly, midrange the same, treble is maybe a little bit crisper, but that is more likely my ears adapting to the IEMs. Soundstage has always been above average, vocals seem to be far in front of me or close depending on mixing, placement of instruments is top notch.
Aesthetics/durability: I love the aesthetics of them, the plastic is smooth, durable, and transparent. I've been rough with them, I carry them around in my pocket and I'm quite clumsy and walk into tables/cars/chairs all the time and they've faired pretty well considering. The Tennmak logos on the backs of them have rubbed partially off and one back fell off one time, but I just Gorilla glued it back on. They're still working and me being me, that's fantastic. I even attempted to mod them by drilling two holes into the backs of them. I'm honestly not sure if the mod did anything, but they're so working great and the plastic didn't crack from my drilling so...

For $22 I give them 2 thumbs up

Thanks mate,
I was intrigued by them too, any dual driver at less than 30$ is a bang for the buck if the good sound is there too...I paid 100$ for my Brainwavz R3 and the description you write kind of remind me of them, I don't know why but I was thinking dual driver mean better bigger bass and more articulate midrange, don't find this. My Westone custom ES2 have this tough, enormous MIDS, not lot of details and texture tough.
So, I will put this one and a smaller summary of your reviews.

Cheers!

Apr 24, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #24 of 31,833
I have more than 10 earphones of the list by purchased and samples. the list might be added VJJB K1, DZAT DR-10 and Joyroom JR-E109.
K1 has a potential to equivalent with ed9.
DR-10 has superior bass to DR-20. I guess DR-20 is a milder version of DR-10.
Joyroom 109 has a different character from 107 possibly because of driver size.
ps.
I don't have vjjb k2 but it has a facinated spec of 6mm driver iems
Then it might be added
6mm drivers are kz hds1 and joyroom 107 (and remax 565i is also in the same league.)

Apr 24, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #25 of 31,833
If i had ungodly amount of money like you, then i would be happy☺

:grinning: Give you a clue Mo, I've been blessed by my Lord AND I work my butt off. I live for overtime.

It helps pay for this addiction. So If I can help another forum brother by giving him some Iems that I'm not going to use, it makes me feel good.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN
glad that you are sharing ☺

Apr 24, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #26 of 31,833
Thanks mate,
I was intrigued by them too, any dual driver at less than 30$ is a bang for the buck if the good sound is there too...I paid 100$ for my Brainwavz R3 and the description you write kind of remind me of them, I don't know why but I was thinking dual driver mean better bigger bass and more articulate midrange, don't find this. My Westone custom ES2 have this tough, enormous MIDS, not lot of details and texture tough.
So, I will put this one and a smaller summary of your reviews.

Cheers!

I forgot to say, the bass is accentuated, but not overwhelming, and still maintains to be fast and impactful. So I guess the sound signiuture is a slight downhill, as the bass is accentuated, the midrange is warm, any the treble is smoothed somewhat.

Apr 25, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #27 of 31,833

etysmile.gif
WOW
etysmile.gif

THANKS everybody for feedback!

And don't forget to give a little impression about the earphones you like if you can, just to help figure out the type of sound.
If you know the best cheapest place to buy it give the link too...like for this Fostex TE-02 (I find them at 22$ at frontendaudio.com but I guess shipping cost will be dissuasive).
Anyway, not sure about the link for purchasing because it's complicate, perhaps just here and not in the official list will be better.

You can be sure I will update the list when I can (like now)!

CHEERS!

Good idea. TE-02 impressions: http://www.head-fi.org/products/fostex-te-02-water-resistant-earbuds/reviews/14947

Well, as for the price and where to get them: I don't know. I gt mine from the German Amazon for €29.24, but they can be found for even less (half that price). Some folks on Head-Fi mentioned that they could be found for ~ $15-30. I know that there is an OEM version with Pioneer branding that might be easier to find on the international market.

Apr 25, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #28 of 31,833
I already put your review link there HIFIChris.
Thanks for the sharing, this Fostex are not well know here.

Do you have the name of OEM Pioneer version?

You got a great in-ear collection, any MUST HAVE sub-100$ gem to suggest?

No much love about the Plextone X46m here....and I wonder why...but I must admit the construction is less impressive than I tough, earshell metal unstick after 5 days. Anyway, the sound is still good and open even more with time (it was write in description you need long burn in) and the bass is less out of control but the construction is somekind of a fraud and it don't help with prejudice that some can have about chinese brands. I mean, what's the use of detachable cable if it's the earphones that broke before the cable...bad irony.

Apr 25, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #29 of 31,833
For sub-$10, I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of the QKZ W1 Pro. It has a detachable cable albeit with a proprietary connection, a solid case and a comfortable design. As far as the sound, it's fairly balanced and avoids a bass-centric sound like many of the less expensive I've come across. Yes there are better sub-$30 IEMs, but sub-$10 the W1 Pro is a serious competitor.

Apr 25, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #30 of 31,833
Originally Posted by Nymphonomaniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you have the name of OEM Pioneer version?

Pioneer SE-CL331, just looked it up.

You got a great in-ear collection, any MUST HAVE sub-100$ gem to suggest?

Hmm, I'd probably say HiSoundAudio HA-2 for single-BA fans, Fidue A65 and UPQ Q-music QE50 (OEM of the Fidue A73). Oh, and the FiiO EX1 of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back