Best bassy headphones for $150 or less
Apr 28, 2013 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

protonchain

New Head-Fier
So I've been doing a bit of research on this site, but I'm still not sure what would be the best headphones for $150 that have quality and voluminous bass. I'm a bit of a bass head, but I greatly enjoy and appreciate an even soundstage and expression throughout all frequencies. I listen to a lot of music with the bass up (including classical), so that is definitely something important from me. As for music I listen to a lot of rap, electronica, alternative, metal, classical, and instrumental classical.

I would be trying to get these headphones from best buy (got some gift cards for b'day).

What is the verdict?

Thanks for your help.

Apr 28, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #5 of 9
The Klipsch Image ONE, Sony XB800 are great buy under this budget and they offers crsip clar soundquality with pwerful bass. If you can find V-Moda M80(USED) and they are amazing sounding(deep rich bass, crsip clear mids, highs, fairly wide soundstage).

Apr 28, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #7 of 9
if i can find a denon d1100 on the resale i would get that for a bassy can.

May 1, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
The Klipsch Image ONE, Sony XB800 are great buy under this budget and they offers crsip clar soundquality with pwerful bass. If you can find V-Moda M80(USED) and they are amazing sounding(deep rich bass, crsip clear mids, highs, fairly wide soundstage).

Awesome list, thank you for the help on that. I ended up buying the Klipsh Image One's. They were $149.99 at Best Buy, and $87 on Amazon, so I price-matched it, and used my gift card for my b'day. So got them essentially for free! Tried 'em on just now with my galaxy nexus (with the equalizer changed to suit my music style). The sound is amazing, just like my shure IEMs but more comfortable and better bass response. Since I've only just started listening to it, I'll have to give it some time before I decide to keep it or return it, but so far... not bad.

Quote:
For bassy IEMs, you can check out both the Hippo VB, Yamaha EPH 100 and Atrio M5.

I've got a pair of shure SE-215s, which do a good job with the bass but not well enough. I might look into your list if my Shure's fail (which I'm sure they'll inevitably do given their history.
Quote:
if i can find a denon d1100 on the resale i would get that for a bassy can.

Let me know if it does go on resale. They look amazing.

May 2, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #9 of 9
there is a klipsch REFERENCE ONE...the updated version. tighter punch, n beefier sound..
and a splash of GOLD :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back