Best Basshead IEM
Nov 8, 2009 at 12:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

infidel

Head-Fier
I already did some researches about this. Oh yeah, I used the search button and google.

I'm right now having hard time deciding which basshead IEM has the best value for money. Most of the recommendations I see are Senn IE8, FS Atrio M5, and Victors FX500.

They have pros and cons, most of which I already researched. But, I can't test the IEMs personally, that is the main reason why I decided to write this thread: To know if many people share the same pros and cons about the IEMs.

BTW, I'm using it with Cowon S9 + FiiO E5(I can upgrade this, or even remove if most of you suggest so).

I listen mostly to RNB, Hiphop, and rock songs. Most are bass heavy songs.

Basically, I want to have more options so I can choose which one would fit me best. I really want the one with best value for money, price range is less than $450.

Thank you. Keep Rocking.
L3000.gif

Nov 8, 2009 at 1:05 PM Post #2 of 43
i use the atrios m5 and it bass extension is fantastic..

for value for money i would say atrios is arguably the best. the customer service is excellent as well.. anything wrong, Future sonics will replace for u..

Nov 8, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #3 of 43
I'm only gonna be able to comment on the IE8s. They'd be awesome for hip hop and stuff, but they might have an issue with rock, though it might just be a source issue for me cos instrument separation can get a bit messy. Still, they are one fun pair of IEMs.

Nov 8, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #4 of 43
SF5EB. I've used it for all types of music, it's great. Bass extends deep, it's nice and tight yet has a ton of punch. Bass wise, it's like a home theatre subwoofer whereas all the other IEMs Ive had had bass that extended deep, but had no impact like my SF5EBs did. Initially, I had to choose between the SF5EB and the Atrio M5, which are really popular as well. But I was weary of the comments that the M5s sounded "dark." The SF5EBs dont sound dark at all, in fact, I find them bright and crisp. Maybe it's because of the dedicated mid/high driver.

Nov 8, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #5 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by cravenz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm only gonna be able to comment on the IE8s. They'd be awesome for hip hop and stuff, but they might have an issue with rock, though it might just be a source issue for me cos instrument separation can get a bit messy. Still, they are one fun pair of IEMs.

instrument seperation is messy!!the seperation is fantastic and the huge soundstage helps to place everthing accuratly.
to the op:fx500

Nov 8, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #6 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
instrument seperation is messy!!the seperation is fantastic and the huge soundstage helps to place everthing accuratly.
to the op:fx500

lol. it doesn't work too great when i listen to j-rock with the heavy rifts and stuff. lol. but then again, it cud just be j-rock which i've highlighted in other threads before. alternative rock is fine. just well. yeah. hahaha..and yes. the SS is fantastic nonetheless =P

Nov 8, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #8 of 43
I recently bought the IE8. I listen to mainly RnB, hip hop and dance. My main concern was there wouldn't be enough bass that i was looking for. But i bit the bullet and i gotta say im really happy with them!!

Nov 9, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #10 of 43
I've heard the ATH-CKS70s are pretty close to IE8s and infact, I'm going to get them soon. Unforunately, I think they are only available in japan but you can still order them online. Since your budget is higher though I dunno if you should get something higher grade.

Nov 9, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #12 of 43
Klipsch image x10 lol

Nov 9, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #13 of 43
I would recommend the Cyclone PR2, great tight quality bass and more then okay everything else (especially for the $70+ asking price).

That is, if they weren't built like crap.

Nov 9, 2009 at 11:45 AM Post #14 of 43
Great. I'll review the items you guys have recommended.

BTW, I already read the Bass ahoy! thread a lot of times.. I believe that by reading the thread the Senn IE8 wins my heart.

Isolation for me is somewhat important, but is not a deal breaker.

BUT, I'm still open for other brands and models, I just want to spend my money on a basshead IEM that I won't regret.

I'd really appreciate if you can give links, since I may not have read all.

THANKS.

Nov 9, 2009 at 1:19 PM Post #15 of 43
My vote goes to the Atrio for its sheer bass depth and price/performance ratio. If money is not an object, IE8 is a real fun IEM to listen to as well. Can't really comment on FX500 since I haven't heard it before.

On a sidenote, I think Fischer Audio's Eterna might fit the bill as a budgeted IE8. They are not totally alike, but share the same fun element in sound signature. Not easy to get but will work well as a basshead backup for its low price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back