Best Basshead IEM under $40
Dec 28, 2013 at 8:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ShibeSuchBass

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone, i need a new pair of earphones and my budget for them would be around $40. I am a huge basshead, i love to feel the thumping bass, but i also need clear mids and highs with no muffled sound/feeling. Ive been considering the JVC HA-FX3X, JVC HA-FX1X, SoundMAGIC E10, Sony MH1C, and the Senn CX300, what do you guys think of these? I am currently using a pair of Phillips SHE3580 which i believe are pretty big on bass and are only $15 most everywhere. I listen to dubstep mostly so mid bass and sub bass is hugely needed; clear mids and highs are as important as well to me, but i dont need super high quality phones, because i know audiophile phones are more expensive and i dont even like audiophile cans=balanced sound, again, im a basshead 
beyersmile.png

So any help, feedback, and recommendations are highly appreciated. Happy Holidays all!

Dec 30, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #2 of 3
The JVC's have the biggest bass out of those options, as far as I know. In any case, I'd at least cross the CX 300 off the list. (Too muddy/bloated.)

I will say this: the SHE3580 isn't considered to be all that bad a deal. I certainly liked them when I had them. In any case, stating why you want/need to switch from that pair would be helpful.

Dec 30, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #3 of 3
  The JVC's have the biggest bass out of those options, as far as I know. In any case, I'd at least cross the CX 300 off the list. (Too muddy/bloated.)

I will say this: the SHE3580 isn't considered to be all that bad a deal. I certainly liked them when I had them. In any case, stating why you want/need to switch from that pair would be helpful.

Yeah, ive heard the CX300 isnt great for those reasons.
I want to switch from the SHE3580 because i want something a little more, i want some more booming bass, but keep as much clarity as i can or lose as little clarity, all within my budget of course. The mids on the SHE3580 also sound a bit muffled, i think recessed is the proper term around here? I want something with some more bass, a little more "in my face" but not harsh, and clear, within my budget. Ive also heard amazing things about the Denon AH-C300 and Wooduo 2, but those are kinda out of my budget, theyre like $80-$100, but if they are truly really amazing i would be glad to drop the cash for them. I really think im going to get the JVC HA FX3X, theyre only $22 on ebay right now! http://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-HA-FX3X-Xtreme-Xplosives-Black-In-Ear-Deep-BASS-Headphones-/221337839873 Its worth trying right?

Also, forgot to mention the Phillips SHE3580 arent mine, theyre my moms 
etysmile.gif
 But they are amazing and really blew me away when i first threw them in my ears, i wouldn't mind getting a pair for myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back