Best bass with audiofidelity for under 200??????
Apr 7, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #16 of 29
If it doesn't have to be closed, FA-011 if you want just bass. Ridiculous amounts and controlled for a ~$120 headphone. Forgot how well it does on separation though. There's a thread dedicated to them. Otherwise probably DT770 Pro.

Apr 7, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #18 of 29
But whenever a non audiophile listens to those cans dt770 they claim there is absolutely no bass whatsoever. If you have ever heard an xb500 or even a vmoda at high volume..that's the power of the bass I'm looking for

Apr 7, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #19 of 29
The V80/100's and XB500-1000 don't have good bass extension and depth of a well powered DT770/990. Sure they have a lot of rumble but most of that is on the surface, good low extension at the lowest freq's and depth rendered when required by the music is what audio/hi-fi fidelity is about.

Apr 7, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #20 of 29
Seriously, try some Ultrasones. Either 580 or 780. If you get them from Amazon, worst case scenario you have to use their return policy. I haven't actually heard the 780's, but the 580's kicked butt on the low end. I actually tested them recently against my Signature Pro's (before they were sent for repairs), and while I much preferred the QUALITY of the SP's bass, the 580's definitely had the quantity. 780's might be more refined, though.

Also, a separate amp (potentially with DAC) can truly make a big difference on higher end headphones. Even something under a hundred dollars. I'd definitely add it in sometime down the line...

Apr 7, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #22 of 29
The V80/100's and XB500-1000 don't have good bass extension and depth of a well powered DT770/990. Sure they have a lot of rumble but most of that is on the surface, good low extension at the lowest freq's and depth rendered when required by the music is what audio/hi-fi fidelity is about.

Yea but that's above the budget. DT990 and an amp...

Apr 8, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #23 of 29
After hours upon hours, I simply cannot find a headphone that has the kind of bass that the xb500 does while still maintaining some sembelence of sound quality. The V-Moda crossfades I have currently have a slightly better SQ than the XBs but at the heavy cost of a bass that doesn't have as much impact and doesnt seem as deep. Just seems like a Thud...the bass on the XB500s was cave of bass.

Apr 8, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #26 of 29
Quote:
Do IEMs normally sound better or have more bass? Was looking at the Shure SE 215

I think over ears are better for sound quality. SE215s have great bass and sound quality for a cheaper IEM. Then again it may not be enough bass if you are looking for XB500 amount of bass. Like TMRaven said, the bass is like that because they blast it over the mids/treble and highs. There is a balance to the charts, and blasting up the bass is going to give you the loss in the other parts of the freq. IMO though, Denon D5000/7000 have SICK bass while holding onto some great quality.( but even these suffer in the other freq. due to the crazy bass. not so much the d7000s though)
Quote:
And you're never going to, because having the amount of bass the XB500 has isn't high quality.

This

Apr 8, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

I think over ears are better for sound quality. SE215s have great bass and sound quality for a cheaper IEM. Then again it may not be enough bass if you are looking for XB500 amount of bass. Like TMRaven said, the bass is like that because they blast it over the mids/treble and highs. There is a balance to the charts, and blasting up the bass is going to give you the loss in the other parts of the freq. IMO though, Denon D5000/7000 have SICK bass while holding onto some great quality.( but even these suffer in the other freq. due to the crazy bass. not so much the d7000s though)
This

Interesting. Maybe I need to let go of my love for bass and move on to and get used to a more balanced set of cans. I was thinking about getting the ATH-M50 and coupling them with an amplifier. No it won't be as much bass but maybe it will wow me in an entirely new way.

EDIT: though ive been reading that the m50 doesnt really need an amp.

Apr 8, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #28 of 29
My pair of the HFI 2400 came today. Very satisfying for $89. Pumping just plain trance and progressive trance, very very good bass response. No amp in the impressions. 

Apr 8, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #29 of 29
Quote:
My pair of the HFI 2400 came today. Very satisfying for $89. Pumping just plain trance and progressive trance, very very good bass response. No amp in the impressions. 

How would you say they do on other genres, lets say vocal heavy stuff or even just stuff from billboard top 100?

Also, How did you get them for 89$??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back