Best bass under $50 - $100 ??
Jan 14, 2011 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

slapshot30

500+ Head-Fier
Okay so I just got my ATH m50's and I also have an e5 but I'm not impressed with the bass boost on it. I can still return it so what portable amps (like as big as the e7) can you guy suggest that would give me some nice bass preferrably under $50 but I can go up to $100. When listening to "A Milli" by Lil Wayne on my e5... it just left me wanting more. Thanks.

Jan 14, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #4 of 34

[size=medium]
For a 38ohms headphone like ATH-M50, E5 could not provide enough power to boost your bass. If you like Fiio's products, E7 will be better. If you can wait, there will be some new Fiio amps going to launch in this year. As I know there will be a E11 coming soon.

If you got enough budget, the iBasso is another choice for you. As my opinion, P4 is a very nice choice, because you can easily modify your P4 with simply plug-in OP AMPs. And there is a huge different after changing OP AMPs.
[/size]

Jan 14, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #5 of 34
I might be able to wait.. any word on when these may come out or prices of them?

Quote:

For a 38ohms headphone like ATH-M50, E5 could not provide enough power to boost your bass. If you like Fiio's products, E7 will be better. If you can wait, there will be some new Fiio amps going to launch in this year. As I know there will be a E11 coming soon.

If you got enough budget, the iBasso is another choice for you. As my opinion, P4 is a very nice choice, because you can easily modify your P4 with simply plug-in OP AMPs. And there is a huge different after changing OP AMPs.

Jan 14, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #8 of 34
Ooo I like the metal. What size is that compared to the e7?? I think I'll wait for this. The e7 only has like a 16 ohm output and the e11 is said to be able to do 32 ohm. My only question is... why is it going to be cheaper than the e7? (A fiio rep said that pricing on another thread)

Quote:

This is how E11 looks like...

Jan 14, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #9 of 34

Quote:
Ooo I like the metal. What size is that compared to the e7?? I think I'll wait for this. The e7 only has like a 16 ohm output and the e11 is said to be able to do 32 ohm. My only question is... why is it going to be cheaper than the e7? (A fiio rep said that pricing on another thread)

E7 supports up to 300 ohm. And it's able to drive 150ohm or under headphones well, as said by many. The reason E11 is cheaper is because it only an amp whereas E7 has a DAC plus an amp.

Jan 14, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #10 of 34

Quote:

Yeah, it's cool~ The size is a bit smaller than the E7. I got not much ideas about pricing, but as a customer and head-fier... it's is one of the nice choice.

Jan 14, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #11 of 34
I've heard all around that the pricing will be in between the e5 and e7 so like $30-$85. But here comes the noob question of the day... What exactly is a DAC and do I necesarily need one for my m50's and ipod touch, or will an amp be sufficient?

Jan 14, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #12 of 34
DAC is a digital to analog converter which only works with computers mostly through the USB interface, so to your question the answer is no, it won't help your iPod even with a LOD. It will only utilise the amp portion of E7.

You can think of a DAC/AMP combination such as E7 as a simplified external USB soundcard without all the features.

Jan 14, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #13 of 34
Thankyou. I will be impatiently waiting until March for the e11 then lol

Quote:
DAC is a digital to analog converter which only works with computers mostly through the USB interface, so to your question the answer is no, it won't help your iPod even with a LOD. It will only utilise the amp portion of E7.

Jan 14, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #14 of 34

Quote:
I've heard all around that the pricing will be in between the e5 and e7 so like $30-$85. But here comes the noob question of the day... What exactly is a DAC and do I necesarily need one for my m50's and ipod touch, or will an amp be sufficient?

DAC can be useful is you are a CAS (Computer As Source) player, because most of the on broad sound card is not that good, so we need a DAC take the role of are external sound card and amp. If your think you need it at home, then it will be useful. Otherwise it's just nothing. I try that (E7) on my Macbook and it did well, I mean better then phone out form MACBOOK itself.

As I saw you are using iPods, so I think it's dosen't a matter for you if the amp got DAC or not~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back