Best bass phones under $100!!!
Jan 5, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #16 of 24
my R02s popped apart in my laptop bag.  was pretty disappointed in them.  If you are going off of Jokers thread, remember...he isn't really a bass head.  the R02 didn't have tons of bass presence IMO.  sounded good, but not for me.  I listen to rock and hip hop mostly.  I do have some country in there like Cash, Ryan Bingham, Taylor Swift.  I am really interested in the eternas but the one key thing I like about the VBs over the eterna is the plates.  You can significantly tone down the bass by swapping them around.

Jan 5, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #17 of 24

Quote:
Thanks guys. I've heard very good things about the bass of Hippo Vb but I don't know if the bass quantity would be appropriate for me. What kind of music do they handle best?

By the way what do you think about the following somewhat similarly priced phones from ljokerl's thread; nuforce ne-6,[size=medium] meelectronic m11+, cyclone pr1 pro, visang r02, brainwavz m2, xears td100, fisher audio eterna ,fischer audio silver bullets.[/size]

[size=medium]I want the best bass as I said before but I strongly believe that the bass of Hippo Vb will be excessive for me.[/size] When I said "bass phones", I didn't mean the quantity. I want deep but now overpowering bass. I hope I'm able to express myself.

i know what you mean, i was scared too when i got my VB's, but if the bass is too much for you you can always change the bass plates.  Personally for me i like the 2 dot bass plate the best, not too much, and not too little, just right =)

Jan 5, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #18 of 24
I keep going between the two and the zero.  I find that the zero is nice.  I just EQ it down some so its not overpowering but can bump it when I need to.  Its like having a nitrous bottle on your car.

Jan 5, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #20 of 24

Quote:
Thanks guys. I've heard very good things about the bass of Hippo Vb but I don't know if the bass quantity would be appropriate for me. What kind of music do they handle best?

By the way what do you think about the following somewhat similarly priced phones from ljokerl's thread; nuforce ne-6,[size=medium] meelectronic m11+, cyclone pr1 pro, visang r02, brainwavz m2, xears td100, fisher audio eterna ,fischer audio silver bullets.[/size]

[size=medium]I want the best bass as I said before but I strongly believe that the bass of Hippo Vb will be excessive for me.[/size] When I said "bass phones", I didn't mean the quantity. I want deep but now overpowering bass. I hope I'm able to express myself.

I just purchases the meelec M6's and M11+'s both have fantastic bass, but the clear winner is the M11+. Possibly the most comfortable IEM ive used yet. Bass sounds great, they are super fun (I am still breaking them in), super tiny and I got them at a very reasonable price. Good luck in your quest!!

Jan 5, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #21 of 24
If you want headphones instead of IEMs then you should get the XB500/700. Nothing can match their bass.

Jan 6, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #24 of 24
No plus the fit is annoying as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back