Best audiophile metal and rock albums
Dec 25, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #137 of 525
One album I have always enjoyed hearing, even before I really payed attention to the sound of the recording itself, is Summer of Darkness by Demon Hunter. I was more of a basshead back then, and it fell into that beautifully. I don't think I ever heard and clipping, but it could be quite compressed and I wouldn't be able to tell.

Dec 25, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #138 of 525
Alice in chains-SAP-JAR OF FLY'S-DIRT / The best of DIO / Audio slave (self titled) / Pearl jam- VS.  I understand these are not metal, excellent grunge/rock. All are recorded nicely. SAP sounds real nice though the MS2i's, as does most everything.

Dec 27, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #139 of 525
As good as I remember "Diablo Swing Orchestra" records sound really good... though I haven't listened to them in the past two years. 

Just gave them a listen now...great sound! Thanks bro!

Dec 27, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #140 of 525
Dec 28, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #141 of 525
Picking this up on vinyl asap. Will report back. Well recorded Metal is tough to find. 

EDIT: Ordered. 22 bucks with expedited shipping. Been diein' to hear it.

Quote:

Not sure what others would think, but I find this album to be recorded just wonderfully.

destroysall

Dec 28, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #142 of 525
Quote:
Picking this up on vinyl asap. Will report back. Well recorded Metal is tough to find. 

EDIT: Ordered. 22 bucks with expedited shipping. Been diein' to hear it.

Very nice. Hope you enjoy it. I love it very much. Of course, I am much more engaged in it musically, but its a very nice album as far as quality goes indeed.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 28, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #143 of 525
It was an excuse to buy it. I've been a long time Dir En Grey fan that has been off the Metal train in general for years now. Going through some best of lists from years past (and 2012) and picking up releases I know will be good, like this one.

Quote:
Very nice. Hope you enjoy it. I love it very much. Of course, I am much more engaged in it musically, but its a very nice album as far as quality goes indeed.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 30, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #144 of 525
Prosanctus Inferi - Red Streams Of Flesh on LP

It sounds amazing

Dec 30, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #145 of 525
Quote:
It was an excuse to buy it. I've been a long time Dir En Grey fan that has been off the Metal train in general for years now. Going through some best of lists from years past (and 2012) and picking up releases I know will be good, like this one.

I hear ya on that one. My musical taste lately have been Classic Rock, Jazz, Classical, and Electronic. I've been trying to throw some good ol' Metal in here and there. I love Dir En Grey and this album surely has to be one of their finest. :)

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #146 of 525
I don't know if it qualifies as audiofile, but "Ritual" by Black Dahlia Murder sounds super clear, yet distorted as balls and the drums/symbols are super clean.  The vocals are layered in quite nicely too.  Listen to A Shrine to Madness, track 1, starts out with strings, then gets wild.

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #147 of 525
Also going to have to echo the Opeth recommendations earlier in the thread. Some of the best metal ever along with great sound. Can't believe I don't own Blackwater Park on vinyl yet. If Watershed weren't so damn expensive I'd probably snatch one up as well.

Mar 1, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #149 of 525
Quote:
I don't know if it qualifies as audiofile, but "Ritual" by Black Dahlia Murder sounds super clear, yet distorted as balls and the drums/symbols are super clean.  The vocals are layered in quite nicely too.  Listen to A Shrine to Madness, track 1, starts out with strings, then gets wild.

Yes, and Nocturnal is decent too.

Mar 2, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #150 of 525
Within Temptations and The Metropole Orchestra - Black Symphony
Within Temptations - An Acoustic Night At The Theatre

Users who are viewing this thread

Back