Best audiophile metal and rock albums
Oct 10, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #466 of 525
  There's a band called Be'lakor that recently released their vinyl masters digitally through their bandcamp. They sound pretty great. Also there is a band called Horrendous that has an incredible sounding pair of albums. Ecdysis and the recent Anareta have amazing mastering and producction. Theres Morbus Chron too which sounds amazing.

Dude, thanks a tonne for the suggestion. I was not aware Be'lakor had released remasters, and they sound sweet. In particular "Stone's Reach" sounds absolutely superb ("Of Breath and Bone" for some reason is panned slightly right, and seems uneven in brightness which I'll probably have to correct in a DAW myself).

I think I will find new appreciation for Stone's Reach now. Plus I was able to give the Aussies some money which feels nice.

Jan 26, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #469 of 525
Seems the thread's been inactive for awhile, however I've found some great recommendations within it and thought of giving something back:

NAMI - an Andorran band, they play a blend of progressive post-rock/metal with some melodeath influences, some songs even have a jazzy feel to them. Unique sound, surely, and dynamic. I recommend the second album, "The Eternal Light Of The Unconscious Mind".

Songs: Silent Mouth, Ariadna

HALMA - a German instrumental moody, slowcore post-rock group. Atmospheric, bassy, airy. Sounds great. My current musical obsession
bigsmile_face.gif

Songs: Mimizan, Deep White

Enjoy!

Jan 27, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #470 of 525
I'd say Meshuggah's Koloss and The Violent Sleep of Reason are exceptional recordings sound-wise. Check them out on hi-end gear if you're into the band or a similar style.

They crush!

Mar 13, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #475 of 525
I'd say Meshuggah's Koloss and The Violent Sleep of Reason are exceptional recordings sound-wise. Check them out on hi-end gear if you're into the band or a similar style.

They crush!

Absolutely incredible albums

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but I always really enjoy The Blackening by Machine Head

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:24 AM Post #478 of 525
Soen has very, very clean production, with great instrument separation. No instrument "intrudes" upon the other. This kind of production is more akin to jazz than metal. It was quite refreshing, but also somewhat strange - I always have the slight feeling that I'm not listening to one coherent band, but a bunch of disassociated instruments playing the same tune. I'm not even sure I'm explaining it right... oh, and I like them quite a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back