Best audiophile metal and rock albums
Apr 1, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #316 of 525
Excellent album. River of Deceit for me is the best song.  OMG I swear, it just came up on shuffle as I wrote the word song and i have 3,000 songs on the folder. Holy Crap no joke!  Had to listen to it twice :)

I wish a high rez would be available. I may rerip it into 16/96 flac.

HDtracks has the deluxe edition in 24/44. If it's anything like the Pearl Jam deluxe editions, I would avoid it.

Apr 3, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #318 of 525
Kalyug by Ninth Moon Black is one of my favorites :)

Apr 14, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #319 of 525
Howdy,
Some of my favorites:

Down: NOLA, Over the Under
Danzig: Danzig III: How the Gods Kill
Machine Head: Burn My Eyes, The More Things Change, Through the Ashes of Empires
Deftones: Around the Fur, Diamond Eyes, Koi No Yokan
Tool: Ænima, Salival, Lateralus, 10,000 Days
Pantera: Far Beyond Driven, The Great Southern Trendkill
Soufly: Primitive, 3, Dark Ages
Sepultura: Roots
Clutch: Clutch
Incubus: S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
Orange 9mm: Driver Not Included, Tragic
Sevendust: Sevendust, Home
Brother Cane: Seeds
Primus: Pork Soda
Babes in Toyland: Fontanelle
Boo Radleys: C'mon Kids

Apr 26, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #320 of 525
Wow, I just got the re-issued Carach Angren cd's! Never heard the original press, but these sound amazing!

Lammendam
Death Came Through a Phantom Ship
Where the Corpses Sink Forever

May 5, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #323 of 525
I use Bandcamp and Amazon mostly. Would love to get more HD music, but metal is almost nonexistent on HDtracks.

May 22, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #329 of 525
I would say anything by Animals as Leaders qualifies for best audiophile metal album! 

I actually thought their first album wasn't as well recorded as it should have been. Still an INCREDIBLE album though, great call :wink:

Meshuggah's ObZen actually won an audiophile recording award from The Absolute Sound a few years ago. Also a fantastic album!

May 22, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #330 of 525
I actually thought their first album wasn't as well recorded as it should have been. Still an INCREDIBLE album though, great call
wink.gif

Meshuggah's ObZen actually won an audiophile recording award from The Absolute Sound a few years ago. Also a fantastic album!

I have to agree with you on Mehshuggah, I love their guitar work, hate the vocals. But the albums always sound very well mastered 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back