Best and Worst Remake of Song:
Aug 17, 2005 at 6:40 AM Post #181 of 194
Best: Joan Osborne's luscious cover of "I'll Be Around" by The Spinners, a song that I would have thought it sacrilage to cover until I heard her version.

Worst: Guns and Roses covering "Come Together" by the Beatles. Maybe if Axl Rose wasn't singing, otherwise there aren't words to describe how wrong this is.

Aug 17, 2005 at 7:02 AM Post #182 of 194
"Champagne Supernova" by Matt Pond PA. Nice cover of the original Oasis tune.

Sep 15, 2005 at 9:01 AM Post #184 of 194
No one mentioned Tori's great Strange Little Girl Album !?
Her versions are really BIG, especially New Age (VU) - although all songs sound just so different

Sep 15, 2005 at 11:04 PM Post #186 of 194
I don't know if KC and The Sunshine Band were the first to sing "I'm Your Boogie Man" but Rob Zombie did it a few years later. The Zombie version is much better than KC's version. Maybe just because it isn't disco.

Sep 16, 2005 at 12:28 AM Post #189 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by chan130
REALLY BAD!!! - http://www.farpointstation.org/files...h_Diamonds.mp3 ... [William Shatner - Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds] to boldly go where no man has gone before!

Picture... a BOAT... on a RIV-ER... with tangerine tries and MARMELADE SKIIIIEEEEESSSS!

biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #190 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunnyears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Carol King -- Will you Still Love Me tomorrow? (she may have written it, but as a torch song, it comes nowhere close to the Phil Spector produced original)

Agreed. Question is, what do you think of this?

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back