Best and Worst Remake of Song:
Jan 8, 2005 at 10:35 PM Post #152 of 194
Bad remakes:

"Changes" by Bruce Hornsby, redone by Tupac
"I'll Be Missing You" by the Police, redone by Puff Daddy
"Blinded by the Light" by Bruce Springsteen, redone my Manfred Mann
"Tainted Love" by Gloria Jones, redone by a bunch but the worst is Marilyn Manson's version

Jan 9, 2005 at 1:23 AM Post #153 of 194
Best = I don't know but I really like Aztec Camera's version of Jump. I really can't stand the original though.

Worst = William Shatner's "Rocket Man" (Stealing a line from a favorite TV comedy - "I'm sure glad that [his] nerve is not in my tooth"
biggrin.gif
)

Jan 9, 2005 at 3:34 AM Post #155 of 194
Why the Shatner-bashing? He's great! I got his new CD, it's a bunch of fun. The whole point of a cover is to something interesting with the original, and that's what he does. It's worth tracking down a copy of Volume 1 by Fear Of Pop, too - Ben Folds' first solo project, it featured a track called In Love which was voiced by Shatner. Brilliant song.

Jul 30, 2005 at 12:27 AM Post #157 of 194
best: hands down my favorite cover of all time is Social Distortion doing "I Fought the Law" The clash's version is great but nothing beats this for me.

worst: avril lavigne doing basket case (live mp3 i found). Why? One of my favorite songs of all time that should never be played by anyone other than green day

Jul 30, 2005 at 12:34 AM Post #158 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyloch
Bad remakes:

"Blinded by the Light" by Bruce Springsteen, redone my Manfred Mann

You've got that backwards. The song was by MM and Brooooce covered it.

See ya
Steve

Jul 30, 2005 at 12:57 AM Post #160 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyloch
Bad remakes:

"Tainted Love" by Gloria Jones, redone by a bunch but the worst is Marilyn Manson's version

eek.gif
The Marilyn Manson version ROCKS!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 30, 2005 at 1:46 AM Post #161 of 194
Broooce wrote it? It was a hit for MM many years before Bruce released his first record. How old was he?

See ya
Steve

Jul 30, 2005 at 2:00 AM Post #162 of 194
From allmusic:

"The 1976 Earth Band album The Roaring Silence, featuring singer/guitarist Chris Thompson on lead vocals, made the Top Ten, and included the number one hit "Blinded by the Light," a milestone of sorts for Bruce Springsteen as a songwriter, whose work Mann had discovered three years earlier. Mann also made the Top 40 with another Springsteen cover, "Spirit in the Night."

"Blinded by the Light" composed by Bruce Springsteen appeared on his debut album Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ in 1973 and Mann's The Roaring Silence was released in 1976.

Jul 30, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #164 of 194
Wow! I didn't know Bruce was so old. He's a codger! We never heard of him on the West Coast until Born to Run.

Thanks
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back