Best amp i ever heard
Apr 7, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #32 of 49
Sucks to be me then; I can't stomach any alcoholic beverages
frown.gif

But I agree with the idea that the listening experience is heavily influenced by the physical state one is in. I find late night, solitary listening sessions to be the most enjoyable, because the music coming out of my cans surely sounds like godsend.

Apr 7, 2009 at 7:40 AM Post #33 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It makes anything, or anyone, look good, too...

*shudders*

Phew, you should try whisky. I've woken up and gone "damn, I did that????"

Apr 7, 2009 at 8:29 AM Post #35 of 49

Jul 4, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #36 of 49
Amp sound could be measured buy how many beers it takes before sounding
good.
a 12 pack amp, well everything will sound good ,just pass out you dont want to be with a amp you never had intentions of being with.
a 6 pack amp ,if it takes that many, move on save your money, don't waste anymore beer !
a 1 beer amp....well thats the amp you want to spend your time, just like a
majority of the RSA AMPS. well worth it
CHEERS

Jul 4, 2009 at 7:43 AM Post #37 of 49
stella and leffe blonde... we have a few belgium beer lovers here don't we!!

I enjoy my music listening in a dim room, comfy chair, EVERYTHING within reach, including a nice bottle of red, and out of a decent wine glass of course (i'm a recent convert... so haven't really started wine-glass-rolling yet. Right now my rig is Shiraz => Riedel vinum bordeaux paired with HD-650/balanced m3/rme9632 with something haunting playin... like lisa gerrard for example.... spine-tingling fun i tell ya!

Jul 4, 2009 at 8:03 AM Post #38 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In all seriousness, this speaks to something I've thought for a while. People seem to go through a lot of obvious nonsense (fancy power cables, isolation on solid state gear, etc) in order to squeeze every last drop of perceived improvement out of gear when something like a good glass of wine would certainly enhance the listening experience even more.

A good beer or two (and I stress *good* beer rather than Corona) goes a long way.
tongue.gif

Drinking beer is just a plecebo. Before you take your first sip, you already told yourself your going to get f$%^& up.

Jul 4, 2009 at 10:58 AM Post #40 of 49
The Best headphone amp as well as the best equipment in general are those which maximize the sounds you like without breaking the bank. It is probably a good idea to have some really nice hi end stuff as well as some really good moderately priced pieces as well. I have two McIntosh Lab MCI.3KW Mono Block Amps that cost $21,000. They sound great with my four Cerwin Vega D9s. The shipping of the D9s cost more than the actual price of the D9s. I have heard some very expensive high end speakers and have not been that impressed. They generally lack any real bass response and are completely cloudy in the mid range area. Some of these high end speakers are retailing for over $100,000 a pair. This is totally rediculous to me! It seems to me that some more recent audio equipment consumers think that what is new is better than what is old. This might not be the case. It is probably best to have an eclectic mix of old and new as well as high end and moderate to achieve the best synergy. Scottsmrnyc

Jul 4, 2009 at 11:29 AM Post #41 of 49
I could never really enjoy listening to music after a couple of beers or some whisky (some nice Laphroaig or Glenfiddich 12 Year). It just takes my concentration away from listening - it must just be me because everyone else here seems to enjoy it. Music becomes something else after some puffs of Mary Jane though. I can sit for hours just enveloped in music, noticing every detail. I don't even have an amplifier for my JVC DX1000s, I'm using a receiver for just now!
tongue.gif

Jul 4, 2009 at 1:47 PM Post #42 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Drinking beer is just a plecebo. Before you take your first sip, you already told yourself your going to get f$%^& up.

If getting drunk is your goal, perhaps.

Getting drunk is for amateurs.

Jul 5, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #43 of 49
"And now the secret ingredient - a tiny drop of LSD" Dr Farnsworth (Futurama).

P.S I grew up during the 90's well doing that at the moment 23 years old and I can still confirm LSD and Shrooms being awesome oh boy what music they create. Alltough the sexrevolution might have been an interesting experienec...having random sex as a political statement. Guys must have been thrilled

Users who are viewing this thread

Back