Best Amp for Referencing with the Audeze LCD2 available to UK??
Oct 31, 2013 at 5:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Blanca

New Head-Fier
Now I know Audeze LCD2 might not be the best headphones to choose for referencing as they may butter up my sound a little, I do use Beyerdynamic 770Pro, Sennheiser HD25 and my trusty ADAM Audio monitoring setup to A/B..C/D... on to get a nice rounded mean of all listening devices.

I already have the LCD2s and I absolutely love them, they sound great. Now, Im not going to lie, I know nothing about headphone amps. I have listened to the LCD2s from 1/4" headphone out of my Focusrite Saffire soundcard, and while the impedance seems high (I have to crank the vol to almost 7 to get a loud signal), I can tell that with an amp I can probably get a better signal.

My question is what Amp should I get? Im just about to buy an RME Fireface 800 Soundcard/Interface (upgrading) to replace my Saffire and it says:
"
The Fireface 800 offers the best worked out instrument input that could ever be found in an audio interface, a high power headphone output and signal-to-noise ratios of 119 dBA. "

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/rme-fireface-800/5677?gclid=CIvWl9_ZwLoCFSrJtAodd1UA8g

Would this suffice or do I need a dedicated headphone amp? Would I connect the output from the interface into the input of the amp??
Does anyone have any experience with a situation like this?

The problem is, I need an amp that is not going to colour my sound and is going to be the most transparent possible, especially considering how much the Audeze's are probably going to sweeten things up. So something like a vacuum tube amp im guessing isnt the way to go as it would have too much character...

Someone please help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back