Best Amp for HD-650s AND Grados
Jun 30, 2009 at 3:44 PM Post #61 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by TStewart422 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You've always been a sarcastic one, BlueEyez... lol

Anyway, it looks like the PICO DAC-only looks suited to my DAC needs; so that looks like THE ONE there.

Maybe I'll get lucky and Rockhopper will put a M3 up for sale soon... *crosses fingers*

Sarcastic and honest. Rockhopper does make some pretty stuff. Nice warm M# might sound great with a neutral sounding pico.

Jun 30, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #62 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sarcastic and honest. Rockhopper does make some pretty stuff. Nice warm M# might sound great with a neutral sounding pico.

That's the idea.
smile_phones.gif

I'm told the M3 works well with Grados as well as Sennheisers; and you can't beat the price, so why not? The AMB DIY seem to be well-regarded as GREAT bang for the buck. I'll probably end up springing for the B22 once I get the space. Right now, however, it's not something I have the luxury of having.

Jun 30, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #64 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by TStewart422 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the idea.
smile_phones.gif

I'm told the M3 works well with Grados as well as Sennheisers; and you can't beat the price, so why not? The AMB DIY seem to be well-regarded as GREAT bang for the buck. I'll probably end up springing for the B22 once I get the space. Right now, however, it's not something I have the luxury of having.

You can get another builder to make one for you.

Jun 30, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #65 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can get another builder to make one for you.

That's what I'm planning on doing. My technical skills leave a LOT to be desired, so it's the only option. The B22's simply TOO BIG for my area; not to mention would require a lot more saving time. The M3, on the other hand, fits quite nicely where this useless lamp sits on my desk... a PICO DAC can be hooked in behind it and VOILA~!

Now, if I could do something with this useless printer; THAT would be the spot for a B22! Except for the whole, reaching six feet to adjust the volume thing; but I guess it would be worth it for audio bliss...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back