Best amp for Denon D2000's
Oct 23, 2010 at 10:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Disarray

New Head-Fier
Just bought some D2000's with a blue dragon cable, I'd like some amp suggestions, through searching I've gathered I should go with a tube amp, but outside of that idk.

Also imaging is of the utmost importance. / Classical music (same difference)

Budget wise I'd like to keep it under 600, but if it's really worth it I can go higher

Oct 24, 2010 at 7:07 AM Post #3 of 9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQIJ74faF8o
those headphones are not hard to drive try fiio e7.There is a video on youtube which may help you

Oct 24, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #4 of 9
Well thanks for the reply, but it's not about powering them, I know my sound card is more than capable of powering them from what I've read. What I want is a quality amp that will make them sound better.
From what I've gathered on this site a good amp can more than improve the sound of these headphones.

Oct 24, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #5 of 9
I know what you mean but I assumed your price range is low. In most cases the more you pay the better sound quality you get. I don’t know if you have watched the clip or not but the video at the very end tested the amp with the D2000. I know you will not get the full experience sound experience of the amp and the headphone combination but you can have a feeling of how it will sound like out of the worst way you can listen to them.

If you are new into this like me the advice I got is try different amp, but try to get them second hand, so you don’t pay full price on it. Since we both don’t know much about amps and what is best, it is best to start with a good entry level and work your way up.

I know what you mean but I assumed your price range is low. In most cases the more you pay the better sound quality you get. I don’t know if you have watched the clip or not but the video at the very end tested the amp with the D2000. I know you will not get the full experience sound experience of the amp and the headphone combination but you can have a feeling of how it will sound like out of the worst way you can listen to them.

If you are new into this like me the advice I got is try different amp, but try to get them second hand, so you don’t pay full price on it. Since we both don’t know much about amps and what is best, it is best to start with a good entry level and work your way up.

Oct 24, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #6 of 9
Ya I'm new, I bought the headphones second hand and planned on buying the amp second hand as well. I was looking at buying a  x-can v8 as I've seen several posts saying it's great with the Denons.

I'm just worried about one thing, I read something about some amps causing delays, I plan on using this for TV, Movies and Video Games as well so a delay would be unacceptable. Also I need to hook this up to my sound card, not via the USB connection which I know the x-cans support.

Oct 24, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #8 of 9
Well as I said I'd go higher if my cut off price cost me significant quality by a hundred or 2 under, but I'd like  to spend under 600 so the v8 definitely fits the bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back