Best All Round Headphone Amp?
Oct 3, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #19 of 22
No what you get with more power is better tactilitly, and it's not so much the power as it is the quality of term. With a larger balanced amp you get a cleaner power, and a better amplifcation. If the O2 was really an end game amp. Companis like schiit would have no market for their balanced products, and Jason Schiit him self would be a liar and a failure as an engineer, rather the fact of the matter is balanced amps offer a better quality of sound [ofc they also have more power on hand]

Non the less, if you go Balanced or stay with Single End is up to you, I found balanced amps to have a better quality of sound over all

So the choice is up to you, I will warn you that once you go Balanced your stuck re cableing everything you own, which gets costly

but I've found as well as others, that balanced amps offer a better quality of sound. You want proof, look at Schiits TOTL amp. They are balanced, the reason cuz it's a better quality of amplification. 

Oct 4, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #21 of 22
Definitely a transparent, potent solid state amp.  Maybe the Violectric V181 or V200, depending if you want balanced or not.  I never heard them myself but you'll want to consider them.  Audio GD has a lot of highly rated amps as well, and a lot of them include built-in DACs.  Maybe the Schiit Mjolnir if you go balanced.

Oct 5, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #22 of 22
AudioGd balanced amp gets my vote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back