Best 3.5mm to 3.5mm?
Jul 30, 2008 at 4:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Deadneddz

100+ Head-Fier
Im planning on getting a graham slee voyager and hooking it up to my dap's headphone out. (i do not have an ipod so no LOD)

It seems that the connector that comes with the voyager is very poor to say the least.

I was wondering which 3.5 to 3.5 i should get?

I was looking at qables and head directs offerings and they seem like they are good quality,

but i just need some suggestions as to which ones are best or if there are better solutions out there than qables and head direct cables.

Thanks guys.

Jul 30, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #2 of 6
I actually did a little research and found two which seem to be very high end.

The Wyvern audio cables and the RnB black diamond.

Although i have no idea where i could get the RnB cable.

Do they STILL exist?

Whats your guys takes on these?

Jul 30, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #3 of 6
I have tried a few different set. Audioquest, Cardas, NoName (from the Source), DiY silver plated-copper, Monster and Cable Pro. As far as i have tested, i don't hear a difference between Audioquest, Cardas, DiY, Monster and Cable Pro, only the cable from the Source that costs me $6.99 is crappy enough to notice the diff.
I haven't tested the ones you have mentioned above, maybe others can help you out. Good luck!

Jul 30, 2008 at 4:38 AM Post #4 of 6
Get a DIYer to make you one to your aesthetic specifications. Most commercial ones are too long.

Jul 30, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get a DIYer to make you one to your aesthetic specifications. Most commercial ones are too long.

x2. Like lots of other posters, I use Randy at brainsalad. Any length, straight or right-angle or mixed connectors, various color jackets over techflex. Exactly what you want, great sound, great price, great workmanship, fast. Doesn't get any better than this.

brainsalad@brainsaladaudio.com

Jul 30, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadneddz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually did a little research and found two which seem to be very high end.

The Wyvern audio cables and the RnB black diamond.

Although i have no idea where i could get the RnB cable.

Do they STILL exist?

Whats your guys takes on these?

I don't think ayt999 (Wyvern audio) or RnB make cables any more. It would be very rare to find a used one as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back