Best 100-200$ Headphones for laptop, Smartphone (Rap, Hip Hop, Electronic, some Rock and Classic) Best Bang per Buck!!.
Oct 11, 2012 at 10:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

drmrwt

Head-Fier
Hi,

Want to take my first step in to the Audiophile world, so In the market for a new pair of headphones moving from IEM's (Atrio Mg7's)
Was gonna get the M-80's for 150$ but they just went to 190$. So i am weighing my options, will be happy to pay 150$ but can go to 200$ (fasting for a day of two).

I do not have a DAC or an AMP, willing to pay around 120$ for a DAC/AMP that too if need be, as long as if it is worth it.
Sources are my Samsung GalaxyS and my Toshiba Laptop. 
Portability- Not an issue, although would be nice as long as i don't compromise sound.
Just need the best sound i can get for my money.

Regards,

DrShahab.

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #2 of 6
The V-Moda M80 is an excellent choice for the genres of music you like to listen to.  The M80 is a tad bass emphasized with a ton of style points.  Beyond the bass they mimic the Sennheiser HD-25-1-ii.

Here are some charts for you:

M80
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/VModaM80.pdf

Sennheiser HD-25-1-ii
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserHD251IIB2012.pdf

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #3 of 6
I do get that the M-80's are really good but are they 200$ good? I appreciate your help, but I am no Audiophile sorry i should have mentioned that earlier. I could not figure out the charts :)

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #5 of 6
well when it comes to the ATH M-50's it seems like they just have a lot of hype about them, I hear that the phillips Uptowns are decent pair of cans for the money (unamped and all)

Oct 12, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
well when it comes to the ATH M-50's it seems like they just have a lot of hype about them, I hear that the phillips Uptowns are decent pair of cans for the money (unamped and all)

The hype isn't completely untrue, especially at the amazon price of $110. Don't count them out of the running without having tried them. M80s are fantastic as well, built really nicely. For me, definitely worth the $190 price. Uptowns are relatively popular, and with good reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back