Beresford Bushmaster MKII appreciation thread
Jul 8, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #106 of 143
  i will received it anydays from now... i will report here ....
tongue_smile.gif

Thank you

I will be patiently waiting to hear your thoughts and impressions.

Jul 8, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #107 of 143
  Thank you

I will be patiently waiting to hear your thoughts and impressions.

only listen to my speakers for 20 minutes and the upgrade is here... better clear soundstage for me......The monsoon are very resolving planars speakers.....I am glad of the subtle but clearly audible upgrade.... its like change for a better tube.... I will report tomorrow for a careful listen with my headphones...
L3000.gif

Jul 15, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #108 of 143

only listen to my speakers for 20 minutes and the upgrade is here... better clear soundstage for me......The monsoon are very resolving planars speakers.....I am glad of the subtle but clearly audible upgrade.... its like change for a better tube.... I will report tomorrow for a careful listen with my headphones...
L3000.gif

Is it a dac chip upgrade or what is this chip exactly? Pictures would be awesome too, if possible. :) 

I've talked to Stan about getting it soon but interested in what this thing actually is first. I don't have patience for claims on what it does as the only piece of information for making a purchase decision.

Jul 15, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #109 of 143
popcorn.gif
Quote:

Is it a dac chip upgrade or what is this chip exactly? Pictures would be awesome too, if possible. :) 

I've talked to Stan about getting it soon but interested in what this thing actually is first. I don't have patience for claims on what it does as the only piece of information for making a purchase decision.

i already describe simply how this upgrade change my system... it clarifies all frequencies..... hence soundstage in my system is better. glad to have bought this upgrade.....Its only a chip with legs that you put gently on place, very simple with the instruction of Stan..
atsmile.gif

you will not regret it 
L3000.gif

best regards

Jul 15, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #110 of 143

i already describe simply how this upgrade change my system... it clarifies all frequencies..... hence soundstage in my system is better. glad to have bought this upgrade.....Its only a chip with legs that you put gently on place, very simple with the instruction of Stan..
atsmile.gif

you will not regret it 
L3000.gif

best regards

Does it replace the WM8524 in the standard BMKII and if so with what D/A chip is basically what I'm asking. I'll get it soon since it's cheap but still don't know what this thing actually is or its technical function.

Jul 15, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #111 of 143

Does it replace the WM8524 in the standard BMKII and if so with what D/A chip is basically what I'm asking. I'll get it soon since it's cheap but still don't know what this thing actually is or its technical function.

i am no stan beresford.......
atsmile.gif
and i dont know personaly the WM8524 chip....... Its simply low cost upgrade and for me its good.. ask Stan for the tech information...
regular_smile .gif
its a volcano soul with a big heart....Best regards

Jul 16, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #112 of 143

atsmile.gif

you will not regret it 
L3000.gif

best regards

It does NOT replace the DAC chip itself, but the controller PIC resppnsible to control the DAC and program PLL.

Jul 16, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #113 of 143

L3000.gif

How do you feel about the upgrade through your headphones?

Jul 16, 2015 at 8:46 AM Post #114 of 143
  How do you feel about the upgrade through your headphones?

the change is most evident in my speakers ....By the time i installed the upgrade i installed also a sorbothane mod on my headphones and a new tubes 7193....I remember the change of the upgrade in the speakers by more definition, clarity...it was there also in the headphones bu less evident...this upgrade is fine that is was important..
beerchug.gif

the most spectacular transformation on my headphone was the sorbothane mods....The second spectacular also was the replacement of the 6sn7 tube by the double 7193 tubes, and third only more subtle but there was the upgrade chip of Beresford...

All HEADPHONE vibrates, no cie had put a solution or are conscious of this fact... its incredible but its there : 8 patches of sorbothane  1/8 inches duro 30 or 40 on the cups, and the transformation was very great indeed, more soundstage more definition, less v-shape sound and  more a  u-shaped now  sound with the he 400, less recessed mids... best regards

Jul 17, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #115 of 143
I don't know how it sounds on the BMII, because I have CMII, but I suggest you to listen to deep acoustic double bass passages alone and with some jazzy touch shimmers of brushes with that as well. Also good recording with good grand piano, like Fazioli or Boesendorfer - Paul Bley Solo in Mondsee for instance. In this kind of detail I think we should compare the edges of the particular instrument tone and timbre. Soundstage is mostly subject to another discussion, but could be better if S/N decreased - could be deeper I think.

The good piano recording could reveal some differences between the SPMS and battery power as I heard on my own. Very subtle of course, but more smooth and not so edgy on the top of the register. I suggested this also on TAS forum.

Jul 17, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #116 of 143
Greetings ppl!
Looking for my first dac\amp, and wonder - is this Beresford Bushmaster MK2 good enough as a first one for a while?
I have Takstar Pro80 32 Ohm and gonna get DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm. And maybe Audiotechnika ATH AD-900...
Any advices? 

Jul 18, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #117 of 143
When I bought the Beresford Bushmaster MK1 (that's "one") it was my 4th DAC. I was attracted by its interesting design but - being by far the cheapest of my DACs - had low expectations.

I was frankly amazed by its performance.

Most surprising to me (as an amateur classical pianist) was its ability to clearly separate the components of dense chordal progressions. Also notable was its transparency in terms of conveying a singer's movement about a stage or change of position with respect to microphone (not that these are necessarily things one wants to hear). Overall, high VFM (value for money) IMO.

I don't know about its performance as an hp amp as I always used separate (and relatively expensive) amps.

I understand the Mk2 may be better than the Mk1.

Whether it is good enough for you only you can judge...

Jul 18, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #118 of 143
  Greetings ppl!
Looking for my first dac\amp, and wonder - is this Beresford Bushmaster MK2 good enough as a first one for a while?
I have Takstar Pro80 32 Ohm and gonna get DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm. And maybe Audiotechnika ATH AD-900...
Any advices

I have the BM MKII and its a great DAC... the amp section may struggle a bit with my 600 Ohm Beyers but the DAC is sweet sounding IMHO. I pair it with the Capella amp with impressive results. 
I also have the ATH-AD900's and they sound pretty good right out of the BM. I think you will like this combo for quite awhile! 
FYI it may make your IEM's hissssss a bit as it did for me 
triportsad.gif

Jul 19, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #120 of 143
  I guess it's a good deal then.
If i'll get one - i'll join the "club". :wink:

if you do some research about who buy what.... you will discover that some guy who loves bushmaster or the caiman have plenty of money....They buy it by experiment and curiosity.... They all have good reviews.... I read all that and its no mysteries that for the price the bushmaster mk II is a deal.... Not the better dac compared to some over 1000.... But for the little price one of the best....i am entirely satisfied and will upgrade this dac at the end of my upgrading chain....Congratulations for your decision and your  good luck!
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back