Beresford 7510 MK 6 Mini Review/comparison
Sep 12, 2007 at 7:10 PM Post #91 of 324
Liquid's posts scare me. I don't want to drop 2 bills on a DAC and not be able to hear the difference between it and my E-MU 0404 PCI. How could that be?

Sep 12, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #92 of 324
It is one persons opinion vs the majority. Think about that. Still, if you are not in a hurry, I will have mine back soon and be able to make a fairly definite judgment.

imho there's no way a 2ZS sounds the same as the 7510. sorry but there's something wrong with his setup or ears lol. I have an external 2ZS and it sounds horrid which is why it is an emergency backup to a backup lol.

if I have to, I will even set up the 2ZS like he has his and test it. I use my X-Fi coax bit-perfect as a transport normally.

Sep 12, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #93 of 324
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundFreaq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Liquid's posts scare me. I don't want to drop 2 bills on a DAC and not be able to hear the difference between it and my E-MU 0404 PCI. How could that be?

Two posts from someone and you are scared already?

Sep 12, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #95 of 324
haha, yeah. I don't have loads of money for this expensive hobby I love. I stay away from these forums for months at a time, because every time I glance, without fail, I spend money.

Sep 12, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #96 of 324
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Weird. Everyone hears different. The Zhalou and MD10 are both warmer to my ears than the 7510.

Any of those three dac are fine for the SA-5000. IWould just scoop up whatever you can afford atm.

liquid: try this. listen to the 7510 for a week and then switch back to the 2ZS and let us know what you think.

I'm going to try to get in touch with fierce. i believe he still has your DAC. I have the mkIII (soon to be upgraded though) and I'd like to do an AB with my zhaolu, my beresford, your beresford and whatever Jim has at the moment. I'll drive to his place if I have to... it's less than an hour
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 12, 2007 at 8:27 PM Post #97 of 324
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to try to get in touch with fierce. i believe he still has your DAC. I have the mkIII (soon to be upgraded though) and I'd like to do an AB with my zhaolu, my beresford, your beresford and whatever Jim has at the moment. I'll drive to his place if I have to... it's less than an hour
very_evil_smiley.gif

Great idea. He can even keep mine until you hear it if you like. I have my PS Audio Dac so I am in no hurry.

Sep 12, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #99 of 324
Quote:

I have the mkIII (soon to be upgraded though) and I'd like to do an AB with my zhaolu, my beresford, your beresford and whatever Jim has at the moment. I'll drive to his place if I have to... it's less than an hour

If you can do some sort of blind test between the modified DAC and the unmodified DAC, I think a lot of people would find that information very informative. I have the MKIII and I want to know if it is worth the trouble and money to send it back for the mod....

Sep 12, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #100 of 324
Quote:

Originally Posted by uofmtiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the MKIII and I want to know if it is worth the trouble and money to send it back for the mod....

Nope. After burning in mine for a while, the MK6 with the mod is just something else in my system. It sounds now far better than my MK3 modded. I read something about the modded MK6 at http://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum7/15325-12.html. OK, comparing the modded MK6 to a DAC64 and X-Ray ain't really fair play price wise. But it just goes to show how high-end some testers have to go to before being able to find faults with the MK6
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #101 of 324
Quote:

Originally Posted by Herandu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope. After burning in mine for a while, the MK6 with the mod is just something else in my system. It sounds now far better than my MK3 modded. I read something about the modded MK6 at http://www.hifiwigwam.com/forum7/15325-12.html. OK, comparing the modded MK6 to a DAC64 and X-Ray ain't really fair play price wise. But it just goes to show how high-end some testers have to go to before being able to find faults with the MK6
biggrin.gif

ah but is it better than a audigy 2zs? that's the real ?

ok sorry about that. I am just well, you know.

Sep 12, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #102 of 324
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ichinichi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, watever you guys end up doing, quit stalling and lets hear some reviews! i'm dyin' here! my 7510 is still sitting in the box it came in waiting to be shipped off for mods.

Yeah - I have all the parts sitting on my desk. I wanna be sure this mod is a noticeable upgrade and not the opposite before I start wielding my knife and soldering iron.

Sep 12, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #103 of 324
Did a blind a/b test with my girlfriend and she choose the sound cards dac... played nine inch nails and beethoven. Now know spacemansliff suggested that i was tone deaf lol but she has grade 8 distinction piano, so i would expect she understands tone. She said of the bresford that it was muted. she found the most notable difference during the beethoven. That was a high quality BBC release cd played through my admittedly poor pc cd drive but like for like so makes no odds.

I am going away for the weekend so i shall leave it playing on repeat but i am awfully disappointed, if improvements arnt found i shall return it make due with the creative.

This dac should not be in the same league something is wrong.

NB if you do test your creative vs the bresford us the head phone point from the front of the break out box and use a 3.5 mm to a a phono lead, i find that sounds better than the rear of the sound card for some reason.

Sep 12, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #104 of 324
Quote:

Originally Posted by Herandu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

I would still like them to do an unbiased test if it is all the same to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back