Beoplay H4, AKG Y50BT or other? Looking for Wireless Bluetooth headphones with punchy bass and mids that allow for clear vocals
Aug 22, 2018 at 3:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bitpawp

New Head-Fier
I really want some wireless bluetooth headphones and have tried a few and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I like punchy bass (without being excessive like with beats) but also being able to hear vocals in the mids. So I guess punchy bass and clear mids? I'm currently investigating the Beoplay H4 and AKG Y50BT. So far the Beoplay H4s seem to be what I'm looking for as NC is not a necessity but closed back is preferred. I'd also like the option of using a cord with the bluetooth headphones should the (hopefully at least 20hr) battery dies on me.

I had another thread conversing about honestly trying to figure out how to describe what I like but I think I have it down now. With all that said, any suggestions?

(Price is flexible)

EDIT: Forgot to mention I will be using these headphones as my go to portable headphones. So keep that in mind as well.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #2 of 4
The new Aiwa Arc-1 headphone at $199US may be of interest to you. I personally very much enjoy the Onkyo H500BT and consider it an excellent portable Bluetooth headphone. Another possibility is the B&W PX which I liked, but for myself comfort was an issue, however, I am a little sensitive.

Aug 22, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #3 of 4
The new Aiwa Arc-1 headphone at $199US may be of interest to you. I personally very much enjoy the Onkyo H500BT and consider it an excellent portable Bluetooth headphone. Another possibility is the B&W PX which I liked, but for myself comfort was an issue, however, I am a little sensitive.

Honestly out of those three I'm inclined to ask about the Onkyo H500BT.can you speak about the sound quality of the headphones? The mids, bass, etc.

Aug 22, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #4 of 4
Honestly out of those three I'm inclined to ask about the Onkyo H500BT.can you speak about the sound quality of the headphones? The mids, bass, etc.
I reviewed it here so if you look for the review it will cover it well I hope, but I like it very much and I have owned the WS99BT, B&O H7, Sony WM1000X, B&W P7, B&W PX and the Definitive Audio Symphony 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back