Benjie Offical Thread
Nov 15, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #782 of 2,126
Nov 15, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #784 of 2,126

You have the white ones? Cables white, but are your buds white too? Yeah, those aren't those bassey monk+ killer alright.

http://www.mistertao.com/beta/pages/item/521519503806.html

This is where I got just the buds for $15. Worth it for me still.

I'm now waiting for my TY Hiz and Boarseman to tell you guys if they are any better. Hang in there. I may have some useful stuff to bring on the table... soon...

Hey they are $7.14 now.

Well cost me another $7.5 for Singapore Post. Mistertao is a bit confusing for purchases. They first ship to themselves and then you have to pay shipping again once they're with tao. So that's the extra 7 for.

Nov 16, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #790 of 2,126
My Benjie S5 just arrived yesterday.

Was wondering if anyone managed to get a fully filled up 64GB (or higher) microsd card to work? The instruction manual included states the support was up to 32GB card. On some websites it is stated up to 64GB.

My S5 is able to to read the fully filled up card, but when I select a track and attempt to play it, my S5 will lag so badly and do a auto reboot with the welcome message again. After which the microsd card is "unreadable" with the unreadable error message, even my PC does not recognize the card when I plug in my S5 to my PC. I need to manually eject the microSD card and insert it back again to be readable.

However, when I cleared the same microsd card to about 15GB worth of files, the S5 works fine and music plays normally. No lag or whatsoever. Connection to PC works well, as with copying of music into it.

This is how my card structure looks like. (Main Folder > Artiste Folder > Album Folder > Tracks) and all files are in .WAV format. Each album folder contains a picture (album art) file either in .jpeg or .png. which i believe should not be the cause of it. The microsd card brand is Kingston Class 10, which works perfectly well with my FiiO X1 (First Gen).

Does anyone here face this similar issue?

Nov 16, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #791 of 2,126

Was wondering if anyone managed to get a fully filled up 64GB (or higher) microsd card to work? The instruction manual included states the support was up to 32GB card. On some websites it is stated up to 64GB.

My S5 is able to to read the fully filled up card, but when I select a track and attempt to play it, my S5 will lag so badly and do a auto reboot with the welcome message again. After which the microsd card is "unreadable" with the unreadable error message, even my PC does not recognize the card when I plug in my S5 to my PC. I need to manually eject the microSD card and insert it back again to be readable.

However, when I cleared the same microsd card to about 15GB worth of files, the S5 works fine and music plays normally. No lag or whatsoever. Connection to PC works well, as with copying of music into it.

This is how my card structure looks like. (Main Folder > Artiste Folder > Album Folder > Tracks) and all files are in .WAV format. Each album folder contains a picture (album art) file either in .jpeg or .png. which i believe should not be the cause of it. The microsd card brand is Kingston Class 10, which works perfectly well with my FiiO X1 (First Gen).

You must leave a free space 10%
Also, if your lossless files have a high compression, it is also a negative for the weak processors and smartphones, especially APE

Nov 16, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #792 of 2,126
You must leave a free space 10%
Also, if your lossless files have a high compression, it is also a negative for the weak processors and smartphones, especially APE

Hi @golov17

Thank you for the heads up.

What do you mean by high compression? And also what do you mean by negative for weak processors and APE?

I rip my original CDs into .WAV, which is basically uncompressed lossless format.

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #793 of 2,126
Hi @golov17

Thank you for the heads up.

What do you mean by high compression? And also what do you mean by negative for weak processors and APE?

I rip my original CDs into .WAV, which is basically uncompressed lossless format.
compression level compression to FLAC, APE etc.. But for WAV, WV is irrelevant, do not worry :innocent:

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #794 of 2,126
I just read the whole thread and I have a couple of quick questions:

[1] Do these Benjie players (S5 and K9) sound noticeably better than the Ruizu players like the X02?  They look very similar, and the Ruizu players (especially the X02) sound quite poor. 

[2] I notice someone reported that the S5 will play FLAC files gapless.  Will the K9 play gapless as well?  Also, does the gapless playback work through the file browser? 

Thanks! 

Nov 17, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #795 of 2,126

Quick update

I've swapped the 64GB Kingston microSD card for a 128GB Samsung EVO microSD card.

No lag, music plays well. Copied an album of .WAV music, copying no issues.

So I swapped my Kingston 64GB to my Fiio X1, did a check disk, no problems found. Managed to copy music and play on my FiiO X1 with no issues. However, after swapping the 64GB microSD card to my Benjie S5, same problems occurred as my original post, sudden reboot, lag, "disk error" message in reading the microSD card.

I used my benjie S5 to format the 64GB microSD card, tried copying music again. No luck. Copying would always fail mid point.

Could it be a brand compatibility issue? Would appreciate more opinions here, before I commit myself into buying another microSD card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back