Benjie Offical Thread
Oct 28, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #646 of 2,126
Obviously, but he said he was going to try his 64GB card which according to the manufacturer's site will not work, so that is of questionable value as an illumination procedure. 

Oct 28, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #647 of 2,126
Mine is not read. Only 32GB.

Oct 28, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #648 of 2,126
Obviously, but he said he was going to try his 64GB card which according to the manufacturer's site will not work, so that is of questionable value as an illumination procedure. 

Ah, sorry my bad.....

Oct 28, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #650 of 2,126
I read it as if he thought there was something wrong with his card, too big too small, not the actual memory capacity.....

How did he load the card? It must fit elsewhere. But using a higher capacity card is not a test if it fails when the manufacturer says that it will even if some have it working. Just stick the damn 32GB card into something else. That is where you have a true elimination. My guess is that the reader in the S5 is faulty, not the card.

Oct 28, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #651 of 2,126
How did he load the card? It must fit elsewhere. But using a higher capacity card is not a test if it fails when the manufacturer says that it will even if some have it working. Just stick the damn 32GB card into something else. That is where you have a true elimination. My guess is that the reader in the S5 is faulty, not the card.

Exactly, the reader not the card.

Oct 29, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #652 of 2,126
I have used the SD card on my phone so it should be working. Whenever I do it ejects it out and it wont stick so I have to keep pushing it and if I let go, it will let loose and goes undetected. It also won't detect the music I had inside.

If its upside down it won't fit. What kind of SD cards should fit inside? TF card is same as Micro SD right?

I'm more leaning towards the slot being defective but I want to know if my card is the problem.

Oct 29, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #653 of 2,126
I have used the SD card on my phone so it should be working. Whenever I do it ejects it out and it wont stick so I have to keep pushing it and if I let go, it will let loose and goes undetected. It also won't detect the music I had inside.

If its upside down it won't fit. What kind of SD cards should fit inside? TF card is same as Micro SD right?

I'm more leaning towards the slot being defective but I want to know if my card is the problem.

Should look like this ^^
But from the sound of it the card holder is defective.

Oct 31, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #655 of 2,126
Will the music stutter when play through sd card ?

No, not on mine, I'm really trying to like the s5 but I can't. The price is great the sound also but the ui and the way it sorts my music is not to my liking at all. I'm not really in the mood to re-take my music library so I'm back to my Sansa clip

Oct 31, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #656 of 2,126
Oct 31, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #657 of 2,126
No, not on mine, I'm really trying to like the s5 but I can't. The price is great the sound also but the ui and the way it sorts my music is not to my liking at all. I'm not really in the mood to re-take my music library so I'm back to my Sansa clip

If you're talking about folder order in folder view then program called DriveSort will help you if you want folders in alphabetic order. S5 is not first dap that displays folders in order you copy them in card, my Colorfly C3 and agptek imp do the same. DriveSort if a friend of these players.

Oct 31, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #658 of 2,126

If you're talking about folder order in folder view then program called DriveSort will help you if you want folders in alphabetic order. S5 is not first dap that displays folders in order you copy them in card, my Colorfly C3 and agptek imp do the same. DriveSort if a friend of these players.

I agree with Hampa on this. Even after using Drive sort, the files are only in order in Folder view. In album view, if the album has more than 10 files they are not in order. I have read another user in this thread with the same behaviour...

Oct 31, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #659 of 2,126

I agree with Hampa on this. Even after using Drive sort, the files are only in order in Folder view. In album view, if the album has more than 10 files they are not in order. I have read another user in this thread with the same behaviour...

Haven't noticed that myself, but I haven't used S5 yet so much. I'm still between colorfly c3 and benjie because c3 certainly wins with sound quality and volume settings but benjie wins with size and ui. I've been using benjie as my daily player when traveling to school, but C3 when I have more time and silence to enjoy music. I just have to swap sd cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back