Benjie Offical Thread
Aug 2, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #197 of 2,126

you not using Havi's with it then lolz

Nope, but if it makes any difference I just tested it with my Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro headphones and it drives them fine. They're only rated as 60ohms (53mm drivers) but I'll only be using it with IEMs anyway.

Aug 2, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #199 of 2,126
just got myself benjie s5, but i can't make a playlist or read the m3u files that i have... is there's option or maybe firmware update to enable playlist function?

That's another +1 for the K9. Very easy to make playlists.

Aug 5, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #200 of 2,126
Please comment on battery life when playing ogg files and compare with mp3. My entire portable collection is in ogg. Do I want to waste time converting everything from lossless to mp3 now?

Aug 5, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #204 of 2,126
I have ogg and mp3 files on my S5 but I can't tell you if there is any difference in battery life between them... let me tell this however, battery life is very good and you shouldn't worry about it :smiley:

Aug 6, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #205 of 2,126
  I'll chime in here since I have the K9. 

Excellent little player. Took the microSD card from my X2 and popped it in, no problems all files visible. Feels really solid, no rattles and the buttons have a nice tactile click.

There's no input lag! This one really surprised me but going through the menus and folders the navigation is quick and there's no delay. Also has a custom EQ. Yep. Screen is actually usable outdoors and can display album art when playing.

Been using solid for the last 2 days and haven't had a single glitch in the sound or UI. Only thing I'm wishing for is dedicated volume buttons but I can live without it. My X2 has been retired and hopefully sold already.

Best thing about this is the price. If it breaks in the first month I'll just buy another one or try something else. Amazing what you can get for $25 these days.

Can you compare it to  x2?

Aug 6, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #206 of 2,126

Can you compare it to  x2?

Similar battery life, output power (not tested either with high impedance phones) and sound reproduction.

The Benjie has a bunch of extra features, like the built in speaker, built in memory, the ability to record audio, create playlists and bookmarks and a FM Radio. On top of that it has a color screen which is clear and easy to navigate and can be used in direct sunlight.

The X2 can be taken apart so I assume you may be able to replace the battery if it fails. This cannot be done with the K9 to my knowledge.

At half the price with the extra features and color screen I'd say its a no brainer win for the K9. The only caveat might be the output power if you plan on using high impedance monitors with it as I haven't been able to find the exact specs for it. Going from play testing alone though they feel similar.

Aug 6, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #207 of 2,126
Similar battery life, output power (not tested either with high impedance phones) and sound reproduction.

The Benjie has a bunch of extra features, like the built in speaker, built in memory, the ability to record audio, create playlists and bookmarks and a FM Radio. On top of that it has a color screen which is clear and easy to navigate and can be used in direct sunlight.

The X2 can be taken apart so I assume you may be able to replace the battery if it fails. This cannot be done with the K9 to my knowledge.

At half the price with the extra features and color screen I'd say its a no brainer win for the K9. The only caveat might be the output power if you plan on using high impedance monitors with it as I haven't been able to find the exact specs for it. Going from play testing alone though they feel similar.

Would it possible for you share snaps of the UI? Do you also happen to have Benjie S5. I was inclined towards a Bluetoot enabled player to carry to the gym and on runs. But I just received my Tennmak pro and went out for a run with them. Worked quite well as sport earphones. So now it's a toss between the S5 and K9.

Aug 10, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #209 of 2,126
Hi,

I have the possibility to buy : Benjie S5 or Xduoo X2 or ONN X5 or ONN X6.

I need it for Fidue A65 IEMs (16 ohms ) and maybe Creative aurvana 2.

What you recomand? i like how S5 looks but the X2 have much more reviews, please help me.

Aug 10, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #210 of 2,126
Hi,

I have the possibility to buy : Benjie S5 or Xduoo X2 or ONN X5 or ONN X6.

I need it for Fidue A65 IEMs (16 ohms ) and maybe Creative aurvana 2.

What you recomand? i like how S5 looks but the X2 have much more reviews, please help me.
i prefer s5 to x2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back