Benjie Offical Thread
Jul 28, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #169 of 2,126
Does it have a custom setting or just presets, plus does it group everything in one library, card and internal memory together and does it play gapless?

I am seriously considering getting one of these just a bit nervous of ordering from China as I am in the UK. Have any other people from the UK ordered from Penon, just wondering how long it took to arrive.

Jul 28, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #170 of 2,126
Hello everyone!
I'm trying three DAPs:

1. AGPTek B03;
2. AGPTek M20;
3. Sansa Clip+ with both stock firmware and RockBox (latest available version)

My tests are based on my feelings, so these are mine and I don't know if you will agree with me.

A good news is that the three players are capable of reading my microsd Sandisk 128GB Class 10.
I'm testing some audio tracks with Xiaomi Hybrid Piston IEM, 32 Ohm.
M20 has a warmer sound, more 3D sound compared to the Sansa Clip+, better definition, you can hear more details on the scene, the bass frequencies are well defined but there is a big distortion when there is a "crescendo" and the volume is set almost at the max level.

It's not so difficult to feel the big power of both AGPTek B03 and M20 DAPs compared to the Sansa Clip+.
For me the Sansa Clip+ is one of the best DAP for its dimensions and the good quality at the same time but I don't like the hiss (which I feel a lot on the Sansa Clip+ and Xduoo X3).

The good news is that both the M20 and B03 do not show the same level of hiss that I hate, so this is a good point in favour of the two AGPTek DAPs.I think it's a very nice level for the hiss, very low for my tastes.

In terms of sound quality I am really impressed! Amazing!
Still now I cannot feel any difference between M20 and B03 in sound quality. For this reason I will start to see the aesthetic side.
And here wins M20! It's very nice :) The touch is responsive and I appreciate the presence of phisical buttons to wake the display and change the volume level.

The B03 is a little bit laggy and I just got an error when I asked to resume a track (it was in pause 1 minute before).
Both M20 and B03 has a bug in the equalizer: if I select any of the available settings except OFF, the audo volume will decrease (I think the max level with EQ is about 25-26, then going upper until the max you don't feel any increase of power/sound). With the EQ setting OFF you can reach the max level of 31. Anyway I can live also with Eq OFF.
I confirm that Jazz EQ setting is nice and balanced. I am finding a nice setting also in "Rock".
The M20 lacks a custom setting of EQ.
The B03 has the possibility to setup a custom setting of EQ.

Once you turn off the M20, you can resume the previous track (good). I think the B03 does not have this feature. I will update if I am wrong.

Now I'm going to test other tracks. If you have soething to ask, please do it!
Regards,

kalo86

Jul 29, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #173 of 2,126
Could anyone give an impression of the Benjie S5/AGPTek M20 compared to the iBasso DX50? Please not that I find the DX50 lacks dynamics and sub-bass. Looking forward to buy the Benjie S5, so a reply would be much appreciated.

Jul 29, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #175 of 2,126
And here a direct comparison between S5 and AGPTek M20 (same player, AGPTek is a client of Benjie), the antrazit color is very nice and not as black as it looked on some pics on amazon. The 'welcome' screen on the M20 says AGPTek instead of just 'welcome', but I could not take the pic that quickly ... you can see that the button labels are ever so slightly different. But otherwise: same thing

Jul 29, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #176 of 2,126
Hi Caipirina! Thank you for your post :)
After testing the M20 and B03, my impression is that both has the same chip. This is my feeling, I suspect that. For this reason I think that the M20 is a real winner over the B03, aluminum is better than cheap plastic and the size is also better. I hope AGPTek will release a new firmware upgrade to fix the volume level when using the EQ settings and the possibility to setup a custom EQ (like the B03).
I am very curious to compare the M20 to the Benjie N9000 and another comparison with the Xduoo X2.
Regards,

kalo86

Jul 29, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #180 of 2,126
Today I sent an email to the AGPTek support asking for a solution to the audio volume issue when you select an EQ preset.
I asked also if both M20 and B03 share the same chip since I'm not able to hear any difference in sound quality.
I hope they answer.
Regards,

kalo86

Users who are viewing this thread

Back