Benjie Offical Thread
Jul 26, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #152 of 2,126
  Salve kalo86, 

Funny, I just got back from Italy ... in fact, I also ordered that AGPTek version of the S5 .. which I will have in my hands in a few days (still on the road). I could do a compare a) if that AGPTek sounds the same as the 'real' S5 and b) compare to Sansa Clip+ and maybe also Xduuo X2  ... Don't have any ONNs ...  But will take some time until I get to it 

Hi Caipirina,
Today I ordered two DAPs: AGPTek M20 and AGPTek B03.
I will do comparisons with also Sansa Clip+. I will use the Xiaomi Hybrid Piston as IEM.
Regards,

kalo86

Jul 27, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #153 of 2,126
Hi all, any help on getting Flac files to work on the S5? Much appreciated!

Jul 27, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #155 of 2,126
Jul 27, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #157 of 2,126
  what seems to be the problem? I have them working all the time (even big 24/96 ones, which don't work on smaller Benjies). Maybe they are tagged funny? That was an issue on the Fiio X3II 

I am not sure about how to do the tagging of the files properly for it to work on the S5. How should I go about setting the tagging correctly for it to play?

Jul 27, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #158 of 2,126

I am not sure about how to do the tagging of the files properly for it to work on the S5. How should I go about setting the tagging correctly for it to play?

in 98% of all my music the tagging is already ok, problems only arise if there are special characters in the tag .. so, I think your problem might be something else. You encode your FLACs yourself? Or you get them from 'somewhere' ? 

Jul 27, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #159 of 2,126

in 98% of all my music the tagging is already ok, problems only arise if there are special characters in the tag .. so, I think your problem might be something else. You encode your FLACs yourself? Or you get them from 'somewhere' ? 

I have them from 'somewhere'...and I did try doing the tagging in the application - MP3tag. 

But it is still not working - I cannot find the files in the S5 after uploading the files. 

Jul 27, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #160 of 2,126

I have them from 'somewhere'...and I did try doing the tagging in the application - MP3tag. 

But it is still not working - I cannot find the files in the S5 after uploading the files. 

did you try going through 'folder view' ? not 'music' ... I don't think you have a FLAC problem .. maybe locating ... or maybe something with your computer OS / files hidden ... 

Jul 27, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #161 of 2,126

did you try going through 'folder view' ? not 'music' ... I don't think you have a FLAC problem .. maybe locating ... or maybe something with your computer OS / files hidden ... 

It is weird, I tried the folder view, I am able to find the folder but there is no files inside.

Usually what should be the way to do proper tagging for flac files? 

Jul 27, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #162 of 2,126

It is weird, I tried the folder view, I am able to find the folder but there is no files inside.

Usually what should be the way to do proper tagging for flac files? 

never had tagging issues myself, so never had to do that ... 

maybe the SD card is weirdly formatted? can you see other files (mp3 / m4a)? There rather seems to be a kink as how you get the files over ... 
Even is tagging is wrong, you would see the files, they just don't play properly, hence I don't think tagging is the issue 

Jul 27, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #163 of 2,126

never had tagging issues myself, so never had to do that ... 

maybe the SD card is weirdly formatted? can you see other files (mp3 / m4a)? There rather seems to be a kink as how you get the files over ... 
Even is tagging is wrong, you would see the files, they just don't play properly, hence I don't think tagging is the issue 

I am using both the internal storage and SD card to place MP3 files inside, with no issues. Could it be a hardware issue? 

Jul 28, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #165 of 2,126
Hi! My Benjie S5 has arrived just now.
Hoping that it's ok (no hardware issues or other defects), this evening I will write my impressions. Since I have a Sansa Clip+, I'll make a focused comparison between the two DAPs. I will do a further comparison wigh the AGPTek B03. It will be like a competition :wink:
Stay in touch!
Regards,

kalo86

Users who are viewing this thread

Back